Bit of a funny one.

Sheikh

Reaction score
Got a weird one here guys, was booting it down some B roads earlier and the car felt like ****, felt like i had a flat tyre. I went round a bend and the car just totally went out of control, it started almost rocking from side to side. Now i know i definitely didn't take the bend to fast because i've taken it much faster before :undwech:
So i got out to check the car, cause it felt almost like i had a flat and everything seemed fine? The only thing thats happened is that i've lost all confidence in the car now!

Now my question is, could it be a case of the car simply lost traction and the ESP just made it 10 times worse?

Diesel on the road perhaps, slippery surface?

Could be, although i've never felt what that feels like before lol

I had an advisory on my MOT which was play in offside balljoint? At the time i was turning right too, so could be that?

Any idea lads? Cause i've just put an order in for the ball joints and tie rod ends.

Can of worms to diagnose without looking underneath the car.

Could be ball joint, but as said could be **** on the roads at this time of year.

As safety is 'king', and accidents are usually inconvenient and ****** expensive I'd get the car in the air and just give her a quick observation check. If it goes unchecked next time you might be showing us photos with you car in a hedge rather than recounting handling abnormalities.

Get it checked mate, and best of luck getting it sorted.

I once snapped !! the anti roll bar...went round a bend as you do and spun the car 180.....couldnt have been doing more that 25-30mph...

I once snapped !! the anti roll bar...went round a bend as you do and spun the car 180.....couldnt have been doing more that 25-30mph...

Where's the anti roll bar located mate? Will look at it in a bit.

Rear one is under the car just above the rear track control arms/ fuel tank / exhaust (black long bar crossing between the wheels). Should be connected and hopefully with complete rubber bushes at each end.

Front one is just in front of the subframe from memory

anti roll bar runs forward from the wishbone, across the car and on to the other wishbone front and rear, its a torsion bar. check for free play in the mounts/ends and in the fixings mid car across the width. The bushes/fixings can wear and are about £10 to replace.

You two are total DONS of audisport. Thanks for all your help fellas.

Last edited:
I think im going to end up replacing, the front ball joints, tie rod ends and the bushes. Just for piece of mind, the last thing i want is a lack of confidence when im going round a bend.

This sound like diesel on the road to me, i've had it in the car once before, but more worringly i had it on the bike and really did leave it twiting like a rabbits nose. i would put money on it being diesel on the road or a mix of diesel and muck :)

This sound like diesel on the road to me, i've had it in the car once before, but more worringly i had it on the bike and really did leave it twiting like a rabbits nose. i would put money on it being diesel on the road or a mix of diesel and muck :)

Think you were right mate, went out on a long drive earlier and the car seemed fine, was chucking it around bends and all seems to be good. :happy: Diesel spills are ****** deadly!