S3 BE interior trim 'bling'

Shadowman

Reaction score
As some of you remember, I bought a new Black S3 SB BE but actually didn't like the fact that all of the detail got lost as all of the black just melted into one block of colour.....consequently, my BE doesn't look very much like a BE from the outside any more, so it was time to take a look at the inside.

The problem was that with a lack of funds, I needed to find something which would subtly break up all of the black interior but which wouldn't cost an arm and half a leg.

I have therefore just put some chrome trim on the top of the piano black front and rear door inlays and around a small portion of the door card below the handle, as well as adding a couple of S3 badges, one by the gearstick aqnd one in front of the passenger seat as I thought it looked a bit lop-sided with no badges on the left of the cabin.

Quite pleased with the results but pictures are a bit dodgy i'm afraid as they were taken with my i-phone, but let me know what you think....cost was peanuts !!

4ac5f105.jpg

da26a46a.jpg

a413aac3.jpg

70eae707.jpg

e33f84c0.jpg

4bc174bd.jpg

Reactions: Paullie
Actually I think that looks pretty good.

Only thing I'd have done differently is put the S3 badge on the silver part of the glove box opposite the quattro logo as it looks a bit sharp against the rubberised dash.

Otherwise its an interesting take on the BE interior.

looks ok i guess but just a little tip that S3 badge on your dash will turn into a deadly missile in a crash as it will prob be hurled at the passenger when the airbag goes off just advice dude

Yes....I know what you mean and I did try that position for the S3 badge, but I wasn't convinced.......... it is currently only held with double sided tape until I decide on where to put it permanently though, as I knew I would probably play around with it until I was happy or I remove it altogether.

Thanks Warren.

Duly noted Fran, thanks.

I tried to position it so that the airbag section which comes away ends above that part of the dash where the S3 sits ( and it is plastic anyway), but to be honest that is the one part of the interior which i'm not entirely happy with, so chances are it will move anyway.

'Looks ok i guess' means it's not really doing it for you ?

Duly noted Fran, thanks.

I tried to position it so that the airbag section which comes away ends above that part of the dash where the S3 sits ( and it is plastic anyway), but to be honest that is the one part of the interior which i'm not entirely happy with, so chances are it will move anyway.

'Looks ok i guess' means it's not really doing it for you ?
i hate chrome I've not got any in my car lol well apart from the rings around my wheel centre caps and my steering wheel rings , it does look nice very oem to be fair just not my cuppa matey for above reason

No worries Fran....it would be a very boring world if everyone liked the same things :))

I really like what you've done with the chrome accents on the Piano Black, lovely little touch, looks great and gets a big thumbs up! :wub: xx

Very nice mod mate. However not too keen on the badges, personally i would remove them.

S3 badge on dash doesnt do it any favours tbh especially just above the quattro badge, the chrome bits on doors look ok though.

i like the chrome touch! not a fan of the badges though

where did you get the chrome strips from? I'm tempted to copy you on this mod :icon_thumright:

Trim looks ok, not convinced by badging ..... There's already ample s3 logos in an s3 interior without adding additional ones

Thanks for the replies guys, and I know what you mean about the badges......just thought the left hand side looked like it was a bit bland but I think I may be trying to fix something that isn't broken......They are very easily removable though, so they'll come off !!

Trim is simply 3mm flexible chrome trim with 3M adhesive backing.....just cut it to size and it is pretty flexible as well.

It isn't real chrome, but chrome coloured plastic which is much easier to manipulate and lasts well.....once on, you can't tell it isn't genuine and the width is the same as the OE Audi chrome strips in the cabin.

Can find it on ebay or most motoring stores.

My bad....it is actually 3.5mm....try the link below.

I use the Richter version, but there are several available with the 3M adhesive backing....can just be cut with scissors.

Google

why not sline badges instead of the s3 ones? :think:
good job on the crome bits look good fella

If there was a badge inlayed into dash, it may look better, but would have to be something pretty good, cause stuck on is almost as bad as the sline badges stuck onto wings now.

I dont understand why they put them on the wings and removed them from the front grill?

Like the chrome trim on the doors...Audi moved badges to wings near Side repeater so it makes it harder to upgrade because the indicators are in the mirrors on latter cars and don't have hole for light so newer cars have the badge and older cars indicators ,unless you change wings.now somebody help me with this ****** roof....

Audi moved badges to wings near Side repeater so it makes it harder to upgrade because the indicators are in the mirrors on latter cars and don't have hole for light so newer cars have the badge and older cars indicators ,unless you change wings.

Cant see your logic there at all, makes what harder to upgrade?

Like the chrome trim on the doors...Audi moved badges to wings near Side repeater so it makes it harder to upgrade because the indicators are in the mirrors on latter cars and don't have hole for light so newer cars have the badge and older cars indicators ,unless you change wings.now somebody help me with this ****** roof....

Replace the wings just to have badges instead?:think:

I think just a bit of a mix up there between face lifting and just asking why they moved the badges. They probably just moved the badges to make a change newer shape newer style? Just annoys people who do want to facelift lol.

Knowing Audi they put the S-Line badges on the wings to hide the holes left from the indicators! ;-)

I'm not sure about badges on the sides of cars, used to have them on the Leon Cupra R and was never 100% happy with them just floating in the middle of the panel. Aston grille (on an Aston), fair enough.

I'm almost signed up to the school of debadging as I love a clean look, but then with Audi's lazy design concept they are one of the few differentiating design pieces to let people know you really aren't driving an eco pov spec model!

It's like the v6 t badges on my mums s4. It isn't even a turbo v6?? Just there for no reason I took them off for her the day she bought the car home!!

Chris

True I agree it separates the s-line from standard models rather than just on the wings.

especially when the s,rs spec have them on the grill

Surely audi were not wanting all s line owners to go buy s3 grills from the stealers, audi never

I would not leave it with a s3 badge if i got a s3 grill, would put the s line badge on
but then a would rather get a honeycombe grill then the s3 one if i was to buy one
but then the fogs grills need changing too

YAY i just did this to mine! looks very nice! got some pics from it but they are dark as taken at night so will get some pics tomorrow for you all. :)

Nice one Ash looking sharp. Lifts it.

Did you upgrade your gear stick Ash ? Was it an S3 Version and you removed the sign ?

Looks good Ash, especially with the carbon trim.......mmmmmm....i wonder !!

Crunchie, no it wasn't Ash that put the S3 badge on the dash, it was me, and it lasted about an hour before i realised I had suffered a taste bypass and it has now gone !!

I was looking at some S3 logo mats on the bay last night. You can order the mat in black or grey, then you can even choose the piping colour (I wanted black mat /silver pipe), and then you can specify S3 logo.

I'm just not sure, you can be TOO logo'd up!