Monster MotorsportSky Insurance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: S3 BE interior trim 'bling'

3rd Gear

Status

S3 BE interior trim 'bling'

As some of you remember, I bought a new Black S3 SB BE but actually didn't like the fact that all of the detail got lost as all of the black just melted into one block of colour.....consequently, my BE doesn't look very much like a BE from the outside any more, so it was time to take a look at the inside.

The problem was that with a lack of funds, I needed to find something which would subtly break up all of the black interior but which wouldn't cost an arm and half a leg.

I have therefore just put some chrome trim on the top of the piano black front and rear door inlays and around a small portion of the door card below the handle, as well as adding a couple of S3 badges, one by the gearstick aqnd one in front of the passenger seat as I thought it looked a bit lop-sided with no badges on the left of the cabin.

Quite pleased with the results but pictures are a bit dodgy i'm afraid as they were taken with my i-phone, but let me know what you think....cost was peanuts !!

Paullie likes this.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Status
    Actually I think that looks pretty good.

Only thing I'd have done differently is put the S3 badge on the silver part of the glove box opposite the quattro logo as it looks a bit sharp against the rubberised dash.

Otherwise its an interesting take on the BE interior.
    Audi S5 3.0V6T Coupe Black Edition

events moderator

Status
    looks ok i guess but just a little tip that S3 badge on your dash will turn into a deadly missile in a crash as it will prob be hurled at the passenger when the airbag goes off just advice dude
    ​She is back on the road yay!!

3rd Gear

Status
    Yes....I know what you mean and I did try that position for the S3 badge, but I wasn't convinced.......... it is currently only held with double sided tape until I decide on where to put it permanently though, as I knew I would probably play around with it until I was happy or I remove it altogether.

Thanks Warren.

3rd Gear

Status
    Duly noted Fran, thanks.

I tried to position it so that the airbag section which comes away ends above that part of the dash where the S3 sits ( and it is plastic anyway), but to be honest that is the one part of the interior which i'm not entirely happy with, so chances are it will move anyway.

'Looks ok i guess' means it's not really doing it for you ?

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowman View Post
    ok i guess' means it's not really doing it for you ?
    not keen on the s3 on dash but I think the chrome stripes on the door panels looks good.
    2003-2008 1998 Red A3 8L 1.8 Sport
    2008 -> 2003 Akoya Silver A3 8P1 2.0 FSi Sport

events moderator

Status
    Duly noted Fran, thanks.

I tried to position it so that the airbag section which comes away ends above that part of the dash where the S3 sits ( and it is plastic anyway), but to be honest that is the one part of the interior which i'm not entirely happy with, so chances are it will move anyway.

'Looks ok i guess' means it's not really doing it for you ?
    i hate chrome I've not got any in my car lol well apart from the rings around my wheel centre caps and my steering wheel rings , it does look nice very oem to be fair just not my cuppa matey for above reason

3rd Gear

Status
    No worries Fran....it would be a very boring world if everyone liked the same things :-))

Jen – Juicy Detailing

Status
    Same here looks ok, not keen on the S3 above the glovebox just looks like it's floating....I'm not a big Crome fan either but each to their own

Banana Menace!

Status
    I really like what you've done with the chrome accents on the Piano Black, lovely little touch, looks great and gets a big thumbs up! xx
    MY10 S3 8P3 S-TRONIC, IMOLA YELLOW
    SHARK PERFORMANCE STAGE 2
    - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

6th Gear

Status
    Very nice mod mate. However not too keen on the badges, personally i would remove them.
    Ron
    Audi A3 8P2 2.0Tfsi S-Line Special Edition Bluefin

3dr Mauritius Blue || Full Leather|| BOSE || MFSW || Auto Lights/Wipers || Auto Dim Rearview Mirror || Heated Mirrors
    Mods: S3 Aluminium Pedals || S3 Vents || 2010 RNSE || OEM Bluetooth || Dension Gateway 100 || MY09 Rear Lights || Single Xenon Headlights

events moderator

Status
    No worries Fran....it would be a very boring world if everyone liked the same things :-))
    tis true matey we have all got good taste in cars tho havent we

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    S3 badge on dash doesnt do it any favours tbh especially just above the quattro badge, the chrome bits on doors look ok though.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

Audi Retrofitter

Status
    North, East, South, West London & Dartford in Kent

My Social Networking

Visit Ash187's Instagram Channel
    i like the chrome touch! not a fan of the badges though

where did you get the chrome strips from? I'm tempted to copy you on this mod
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI
    Dark Headlining, Bose, Alcantara Leather, Interior Lights Pack

MODS:
    S3 facelift,
    RS3 Grill, 19" RS6, TTRS FBMFSW, A5 S-Line Heated Seats, Bi-Xenons, Auto Lights & Wipers, Eibach Sportlines, Auto Folding & Dimming Dumbo Mirrors, S3 brakes, US Centre Console, Cruise, Pioneer HU, Reverse Camera, OEM Parking Sensors, LED Tail Lights, S3 Pedals, Tints, Carbon Trims.

3rd Gear

Status
    Trim looks ok, not convinced by badging ..... There's already ample s3 logos in an s3 interior without adding additional ones
    You can take the boy out of Essex but not Essex out of the boy...

3rd Gear

Status
    Thanks for the replies guys, and I know what you mean about the badges......just thought the left hand side looked like it was a bit bland but I think I may be trying to fix something that isn't broken......They are very easily removable though, so they'll come off !!

Trim is simply 3mm flexible chrome trim with 3M adhesive backing.....just cut it to size and it is pretty flexible as well.

It isn't real chrome, but chrome coloured plastic which is much easier to manipulate and lasts well.....once on, you can't tell it isn't genuine and the width is the same as the OE Audi chrome strips in the cabin.

Can find it on ebay or most motoring stores.

Audi Retrofitter

Status

My Social Networking

just had a browse on ebay and i can only find 7mm...
    3mm would look subtle and good as yours do. where did you get yours from?
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI

MODS:
    S3 facelift,
    RS3 Grill, 19" RS6, TTRS FBMFSW, A5 S-Line Heated Seats, Bi-Xenons, Auto Lights & Wipers, Eibach Sportlines, Auto Folding & Dimming Dumbo Mirrors, S3 brakes, US Centre Console, Cruise, Pioneer HU, Reverse Camera, OEM Parking Sensors, LED Tail Lights, S3 Pedals, Tints, Carbon Trims.

3rd Gear

Status
    My bad....it is actually 3.5mm....try the link below.

I use the Richter version, but there are several available with the 3M adhesive backing....can just be cut with scissors.

Google

REVOlutionary

Status
    why not sline badges instead of the s3 ones?
    good job on the crome bits look good fella
    Swap
    2008- A3 Sportback/5 door rear black edition bumper with parking holes
    Will swap with no holes sline bumper preferably white

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    If there was a badge inlayed into dash, it may look better, but would have to be something pretty good, cause stuck on is almost as bad as the sline badges stuck onto wings now.

REVOlutionary

Status
    I dont understand why they put them on the wings and removed them from the front grill?
    Swap

Reverse Gear

Status
    Like the chrome trim on the doors...Audi moved badges to wings near Side repeater so it makes it harder to upgrade because the indicators are in the mirrors on latter cars and don't have hole for light so newer cars have the badge and older cars indicators ,unless you change wings.now somebody help me with this bloody roof....

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Melina View Post
    Audi moved badges to wings near Side repeater so it makes it harder to upgrade because the indicators are in the mirrors on latter cars and don't have hole for light so newer cars have the badge and older cars indicators ,unless you change wings.
    Cant see your logic there at all, makes what harder to upgrade?

REVOlutionary

Status
    Like the chrome trim on the doors...Audi moved badges to wings near Side repeater so it makes it harder to upgrade because the indicators are in the mirrors on latter cars and don't have hole for light so newer cars have the badge and older cars indicators ,unless you change wings.now somebody help me with this bloody roof....
    Replace the wings just to have badges instead?
    Swap

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Melina View Post
    I think just a bit of a mix up there between face lifting and just asking why they moved the badges. They probably just moved the badges to make a change newer shape newer style? Just annoys people who do want to facelift lol.
    SPEC: ebony pearl black ~ auto lights ~ auto wipers ~ half leather/suede interior ~ armrest ~ anti dazzle rear mirrior ~ coming home/ leaving home function.

MODS: flat bottom steering wheel ~ bluetooth ~ cruise control ~ rns-e ~ MY09 rear lights ~ s3 pedals ~ s3 air vents ~ LED interior light pack ~ facelift buttons ~ dension ~ SDS ~ Aliminium inlays ~ full grille conversion.

FUTURE MODS: lower ~ black edition rear ~ s-line/facelift front ~ black headlining ~ BBS CH-R or Speedlines.

REVOlutionary

Status
    still should have kept the s line badge in the front grill
    Swap

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by *Müllërz View Post
    still should have kept the s line badge in the front grill
    True I agree it separates the s-line from standard models rather than just on the wings.
    SPEC: ebony pearl black ~ auto lights ~ auto wipers ~ half leather/suede interior ~ armrest ~ anti dazzle rear mirrior ~ coming home/ leaving home function.

MODS: flat bottom steering wheel ~ bluetooth ~ cruise control ~ rns-e ~ MY09 rear lights ~ s3 pedals ~ s3 air vents ~ LED interior light pack ~ facelift buttons ~ dension ~ SDS ~ Aliminium inlays ~ full grille conversion.

FUTURE MODS: lower ~ black edition rear ~ s-line/facelift front ~ black headlining ~ BBS CH-R or Speedlines.

Status
    Knowing Audi they put the S-Line badges on the wings to hide the holes left from the indicators! ;-)

I'm not sure about badges on the sides of cars, used to have them on the Leon Cupra R and was never 100% happy with them just floating in the middle of the panel. Aston grille (on an Aston), fair enough.

I'm almost signed up to the school of debadging as I love a clean look, but then with Audi's lazy design concept they are one of the few differentiating design pieces to let people know you really aren't driving an eco pov spec model!

2nd Gear

Status
    It's like the v6 t badges on my mums s4. It isn't even a turbo v6?? Just there for no reason I took them off for her the day she bought the car home!!

Chris
    A3 2.0 TFSI Sportback - DSG, Alcantara/Leather Heated Seats, Xenons, Acoustic park, Armrest, Folding/auto dimming mirrors, Symphony with Bose, Rain sensor, Multifuntion steering wheel, Lumbar Support, Aluminium roof rails, Lumbar Support, Vanity mirror lights
    MODS - ​RS3 Aluminium Race Inlay trim, LED rear lights, RNS-E, Bluetooth+SDS, Sline front bumper+Black grille

REVOlutionary

Status
    True I agree it separates the s-line from standard models rather than just on the wings.
    especially when the s,rs spec have them on the grill

Surely audi were not wanting all s line owners to go buy s3 grills from the stealers, audi never

I would not leave it with a s3 badge if i got a s3 grill, would put the s line badge on
    but then a would rather get a honeycombe grill then the s3 one if i was to buy one
    but then the fogs grills need changing too
    Swap

Audi Retrofitter

Status

My Social Networking

YAY i just did this to mine! looks very nice! got some pics from it but they are dark as taken at night so will get some pics tomorrow for you all.
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI

MODS:
    S3 facelift,

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by NHN View Post
    S3 badge on dash doesnt do it any favours tbh especially just above the quattro badge, the chrome bits on doors look ok though.
    +1

Audi Retrofitter

Status

My Social Networking

ok so i finally got a few pics

A3 Sportback 2.0TDI

MODS:
    S3 facelift,

Status
    Nice one Ash looking sharp. Lifts it.

4th Gear

Status
    Tell me that wasn't you that put that S3 badge on the dash!?
    Now:
    TTS, Leon Cupra R, MK2 Golf GTi 16v BB 3dr & MK4 Golf "GTi" 2.0 8v

Past:
    S3 8P3
    A3 2.0T
    S3 8L REVO
    306 Rallye
    Impreza STi8
    Leon Cupra R REVO
    S3 8L REVO
    Impreza T2000
    306 Rallye
    MK3 Golf GTi 8v
    & more in between

Audi Retrofitter

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by crunchie View Post
    Tell me that wasn't you that put that S3 badge on the dash!?
    if you are asking me this question then no itwasntme (haha my username)
    i don't have a S3 so no way will you find a S3 badge on my car
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI

MODS:
    S3 facelift,

"Started From The Bottom"

Status
    Did you upgrade your gear stick Ash ? Was it an S3 Version and you removed the sign ?

Audi Retrofitter

Status

My Social Networking

the gear stick is from a MK2 TT Sline
    Digzz and TheMacMagician like this.
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI

MODS:
    S3 facelift,

3rd Gear

Status
    Looks good Ash, especially with the carbon trim.......mmmmmm....i wonder !!

Crunchie, no it wasn't Ash that put the S3 badge on the dash, it was me, and it lasted about an hour before i realised I had suffered a taste bypass and it has now gone !!

Status
    I was looking at some S3 logo mats on the bay last night. You can order the mat in black or grey, then you can even choose the piping colour (I wanted black mat /silver pipe), and then you can specify S3 logo.

I'm just not sure, you can be TOO logo'd up!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast