A3 going....Sad but Happy

dean_watford

Reaction score
Came across a 2.0T TT Roadster at a Main Dealer for a mere £14k - with just 16,000 miles on it. Lovely spec - Leather, Electric heated seats, Cruise, Parking etc and have decided to buy it....

Means my lovely A3 2.0T quattro is going but at 67,000 feel its time for a change. Getting some jip for it being a girlie car but with 19" RS wheels on it in Deep Sea Blue I'm hoping to get away with it!!!

Strange - thought I was going to buy an S2000..... :ermm:

I see the TT as a stepping stone to a nice TTS....

I must admit i do like the new shape TT as it's more manly however i can't help but think you have chosen the most girly variant of it being a soft top, the TTS and TTRS and the S line edition hard top TT look the business.

I'd be interested to see what your planned mods look like once you have got the motor.

Enjoy the motor! :thumbsup:

Soft top TT is defiantly the girlie option!

No man should be seen driving it, unless its to park while she watches :p

Reactions: jonnysimm
Hey good luck on the new purchase. I also prefer the hard tops but its a nice looking motor and sure it will put a smile on your face. Enjoy it.

Very reassuring comments there guys!! I knew I'd made the right choice :shrug:

The mileage and deal was just too appealing - 15 to 20k a year now so a low miler really helps my pocket.

First things first:

Supagard
Revo Stage 1
Forge DV Valve
BDM Induction
19 RS Wheels
...then maybe a Miltek

Other choices were:

3 Series - I'm just NOT a Bmw driver
TTS - Wish I could but just can't justify 20k :-(
A4 was a serious contender but I wanted 2 seats
Elise / S2000 - Both too low to be practical day to day.
Eos - Err, nope.
Astra / Focus - LOL
Z4 - Even worse!!
350Z - Just don't like them

Last edited:
67k haha thats nearly run in bud lol , anyway enjoy the motor they are nice cars and a lovely colour too

Yeah - I know with my Renault background I start hearing "expensive" noises at anything over 60k..... :eek:)

I love my S3, but I actually prefer the TT. Only very slightly, but I prefer it none the less!

I just love the interior of it and how it's all snug around you! I drove the TT-S and the TT-RS, and fell in love with the instantly. The ONLY reason I bought the S3 was because I use the rear seats quite regularly and the seats in the back of the TT.... well I don't need to say much more do I. lol

Enjoy her mate!

...and I think a 2 seater sends a VERY clear message to my Mrs about kids.....:icon_thumright:

...and I think a 2 seater sends a VERY clear message to my Mrs about kids.....:icon_thumright:

+1!!

Good man, that's the spirit!

TT is immense. If I didn't have to ferry folk about there would be a TT-S on my drive now, not an S3!