2009 S3 S-tronic (DSG) and REVO Remap

Forbzeeee

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have searched this forum for ages regarding getting a 2009 S3 remapped to S1 by Revo. The problem I am having is that I keep reading horror stories about this map and spark plugs lasting a few thousand miles.

Admittedly these problems seem to be on later 8P3's (MY 11) however I cannot be sure these will not come up in a 2009. This is making me doubt whether a remap on an S tronic (DSG - Whatever you wanna call it) will be a good thing or just bring with it a load of problems. I have spoken to my local Revo dealer and whilst he says he hasnt had problems on any of the cars he has done, he has heard of the problems and again said it is Spark Plug related.

Please can someone reply to confirm if Revo is now ok on a 2009 S3 S-tronic? I just want this cleared up so I know where I stand.

Thanks in advance....

Last edited:
I have stage 1 Revo on my 59 plate DSG S3 and I have had no problems, the map has been on the car for close on 18 months and the only work that has had to be done is routine servicing by Audi. Admittedly I do not drive the car that hard (the occasional foot down where the road permits etc) but I have no reason to suspect that I would encounter any problems if I did give it the beans any more than I do.
You could try the trial map first to see how your car feels and then if your not happy with it then you can go elsewhere for an alternative (AMD, Shark performance etc)

The map for the 2009/10 cars was V9 and has no problems i know of ? Current cars use V10.

Thanks for the replies guys, that's good news (for me and 2009 owners at least).

Taylorc, are you happy with the results?

Anyone else running revo stage 1 on a 2009 s3 with DSG? What are your experiences?

Thanks

2011 manual and it's great; love it

2011 with DSG and its simply superb. 100% how the car should have been in the first place

I'll be running a 2011 S3 with DSG mapped to stage 1 by the end of the week....I'll be sure to report back :)

Apologies for the delay .... anyhows, when I first had it done I was not that impressed as the car did not feel that different (plus I had not long come from a remapped Focus ST3 which has a massive difference between standard and stage 1) so I went back to my REVO dealer and we took the car out for a datalogging session so that he could safely increase the settings of the map (Boost, Timing and Fuelling).
Once the settings had been increased I gave the car a few hundred miles to adapt and I can safely say that the car became much better as time went on, in my opinion I can only recommend REVO but from what I understand you would not be disapointed with a lot of the other tuning companies (AMD, Shark etc).
Hope this helps

2010 DSG S3 Revo S1 = Epic Win

2010 DSG S3 Revo S1 = Epic Win

Silky, do you get any hesitation between gear changes when giving it beans? I am currently running the Revo Trial and the car seems to hesitate between gear changes as if there is turbo lag of approx 1 sec per gear change. This seems to defeat the quick slick gear changes of DSG.

Thoughts please?

Silky, do you get any hesitation between gear changes when giving it beans? I am currently running the Revo Trial and the car seems to hesitate between gear changes as if there is turbo lag of approx 1 sec per gear change. This seems to defeat the quick slick gear changes of DSG.

Thoughts please?

No not at all mate, goes through the box like lightning. No hesitating at all. You checked for fault codes?

There were no fault codes before the remap. Not been able to check since it left the garage :-(

Get it checked out.

TBH the trial software is not the proper remap so its not going to tell you a lot and could well have glitches.

TBH the trial software is not the proper remap so its not going to tell you a lot and could well have glitches.

So if I pay the £500 for the full software, you expect that this problem would disappear? Did you have a trial and if so how did it compare?

The trial only gives you partial tables.

It takes about an hour to load the full table set, and garages wouldn't be prepared to invest that kind of 'free' time to upload trial software where there was no guarantee of repeat business so they created a map with some basic parameter changes to give the owner a sense of what they could be getting (ironically these tables are probably the equivalent of what you could expect from a bedroom made / backstreet map for £150!)

After a period (2-3 hours) the code reverts to normal and your back where you started.

My issues with the trial are:

> Its great for people to try before you buy (who have no idea about maps), but cars take time to adapt, and the car could never adapt to a map in 2 hours to extract the maximum potential on offer

> too many people interpret the trial reflects the full on code; it doesn't. Probably 70-80% at max. I bet most people don't even run 98 RON with the trial code as many seem to run 95RON day to day which isn't the best to bring out the maps ulitmate potential. Ideally if you want to try the code I'd suggest running with 98RON for at least a week ahead of the trial so the ECU has time to settle to the new running parameters

Thoughts please?

Just replied to your PM mate. Hope you get it sorted soon!

Cheers Warren, I had heard that this was the case.

I actually called Revo HQ today and explained the problem I was having and they said the same as you. Basically, it is not a full map as it is only a 5 hour trial. Because of this it is not as aggressive as a full map. I not sure who I spoke to at Revo but he also mentioned that the car and gearbox would need to adapt to the new ranges and that would take days, not hours.

Re ron, I always run on 98 as a minimum.

Thanks everyone who has helped me with this.

Oh and by the way, despite the small issue I am having the car is much much better throughout and a real pleasure to drive. A different beast with a remap and I am only on a trial.

Keep us posted and how you get on after the re-map if you go ahead with it. Hopefully it'll be the first and last time you get the hesitations!

Finally got around to getting my full Stage 1 revo remap and it is amazing.... Absolutely faultless and much better than the trial. The only problem now is that I have got the modding bug.

Had mine mapped in April and although it pulls hard there is a hint of throttle cutting when cruising above 100km/h at low revs.

it's amazing isn't it? i'm leaving my car on friday for a full stage2+ setup done by logging etc... can't wait for it. love how it transforms the car :D

it's amazing isn't it? i'm leaving my car on friday for a full stage2+ setup done by logging etc... can't wait for it. love how it transforms the car :D
It'll be like chalk and cheese.....the car should have been like this when it left the factory.

Reactions: Forbzeeee