Chris NottEM Tuning
    Reverse Gear

Status

Bad Electrics on a 2.0TDI 3 door sport

Ok Guy's and Girl's

Couple of questions, the drivers door sometimes turns the dash on when you open the door, but more often than not it is not doing a thing and then the door will lock itself after a couple of minutes with the keys in the car. The rear wiper has stopped working, the washer still works and when you press the stalk forward you can hear the relay cklicking in and out, are the motors prone to failure? you can buy them on Ebay for 95quid, is that about the right price. The headlight adjustment motors will only work if you "Slap" the headlights really hard on both sides and then they are very stuuttery if you know what i mean.

The rest of the car is fine, just feel the electrics are not that strong for what i feel is a quality car. The Car is an 04 plate with leather and travel pack and cruise, and now has 105,000 on the clock have no real intention of getting rid of it as its immaculate, Bought it when it was 6 months old and i still enjoy it my only regret is not holding out for a DSG Darren

2. # ADS
    ADS

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Lock/microswitch could be clogged in the door hence why its acting up, common tbh on older cars, may need either wd40 or replacement lock.

Wiper motor in rear is common issue, so remove & check 1st water is coming through pipe which needs the rear boot trims removed, if is then remove wiper parts & I suspect its corroded as mine has recently, hence replacing motor & the wiper nipple head as such.

Which headlights do you have, halogen or xenon, do you have a headlight manual levelling dial with settings 1-3 inside the car on headlight switch?

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK