Wanted - Bike rack

robbie_a3

Reaction score
Im looking for a genuine audi bike rack to fit an a3 2007, three door sportsback model,

any idea's without paying dealer prices.

cheers!!!

roof or on the back? think genuine are just roof bars, I might be corrected

google saris bones, they are very good racks, my mates bones 3 took our 3 downhill bikes to the alps and back with no issues

Take a look on the Thule website, as they offer several variations ( and they supply the Audi O.E ones apparently ) and then when you know exactly what you need, search for it on the net........I did this and saved £100.....they often come up on ebay, but you need to know exactly what you want first or you'll end up with something useless.

Good luck !

thanks lads,

im looking for a carrier for the back, dont want to be putting them on the roof incase i drop one of the bikes and scratch the roof, im not the strongest of people lol.

i've had a look on the thule website are there carriers any good shadowman, if so i might just order one now?

cheers!!

Thule are excellent and very well made...I have one which fits on the roof, but if you're worried about lifting it on, I believe they do one which hinges down and allows you to mount the bike at a comfortable height before then raising it mechanically on to the roof.

They also provide ones which mount onto towbars and ones which mount onto the hatch directly so the world is your oyster .. :))