Are their variations in cruise control stalk?

PhilPD

Reaction score
Hello All

I am still trying to get my cruise control to work :(

I took the wiper motor out to double check the aditional wire I had to run, and have also checked it for continuity... All is well with that.

I was wondering if there were different stalks for different years? My car is a 2004 model and I did notice that the indicator stalk on the cruise module had slightly different markings (different arrow design to show the full beam possition etc) than the stalk I removed. I put this down to a revision, but I am wondering if the part is incorrect?

Any thoughts? Sadly I don't have the part number to hand, so if there are variations I will have to remove the cowling to check.

Vag com has shows the clutch switch is working.

Many thanks.

i think it could have been changed around the year 06 fit the new type a3. if you could get ur hands on the parts number then i could check in my work to see exactly mate

Thanks mate!

Im working tomorrow, but will take it apart to have a look on Monday :)

just to make sure, you have used VCDS to code the engine module to know it has cruise control? I retro fitted cruise to my 53 plate A3. I had to upgrade the slip ring & steering control module together with adding the extra wire but the stalk I got wasn't any specific revison.

Thanks. Yep I have coded the engine and the steering ecu. My steering controller should support CC so I don't think it's that...

Should support, doesnt sound very convincing, what is your steering cu version, assumption is the mother of all........................

You only need a compatible steering cu, no need to change slip ring unless you want mfsw/paddles :)

If the wires in pin 13 of steering cu connector, then 9 times out of 10 its wired all way through anyway, but always worth a check if everything else IS in order & doesnt work.

I say "should" as it is listed as doing so on the rosstech website. The part number is 1K0 953 549 A.

The pin 13 wire wasn't present when I initially fitted the cruise, so I was double checking my own work really.

Thanks for any thoughts.