Where do you jack your car up?

Ghetto

Reaction score
Just wondering where everyone would jack their car up. I've had a look underneath and there arn't any designated jacking points. When my wheels were put on i remember one guy jacking it up at the back and it slipping!!
So let me know where you jack yours up...Safely!!

There are recessed marks at the front and rear of the door cills that give the correct position for the jack. The jack then fits around the rib under the door cill.

Can't see them at the front, found the rear ones...Guess im gonna have to look a bit harder

The front one is under the other light, looks like lights washing, however it's pulled out there.

Thats the tow bar socket /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

You mean the 'securing ring' used for transporting. (not strong enough for towing i think)

Found the front one, had to use the jack that came with the spare though because it goes around the sill..Very strange..

On mine because I have the votex kit there are two small arrows on the side skirts... Helpful really and not on show.

Dave

Yes but if you want to use a trolley kack where do you put that? There must be a place for the four post lifts used in garages to pick up on. There are some plastic plugs that are in the right position but I dont know how these are removed, any ideas any one. Had a good tug at mine but was frightened of breaking them off....

Dave I have four dents in my sideskirt where i belive the company that fitted my coilovers have bashed into the side with a trolly jack, so it now clearly shows where the jacking points are..lol

Trolly Jack, go for anywhere where you can see the jack would lift, personally I prefer Axel Stands.

Dave

[ QUOTE ]
Trolly Jack, go for anywhere where you can see the jack would lift, personally I prefer Axel Stands.

Dave

[/ QUOTE ]

But where do you put those? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif