Genuine bluetooth to RNS-E install

Pricy

Reaction score
After lots of searching on the forum I've found that I'll need the bluetooth module, antenna and microphone. I've been looking on ebay and there's quite a few on there for sale. All I need to know now is:

1) Will all the bluetooth modules work with the RNS-E mk2 or only the latest one?

2) Which cables do I need to install it all? Some people have been saying to install it under the glove box with this plug and play kit.
But I've read elsewhere that the module should be installed under one of the seats. (Guessing passenger seat as drivers has that useless storage box under it? Where do you run the wires from the seat to the headunit?) The cabling for this 'genuine' install I believe is this, is this difficult to install hence them making a plug and play kit or will I be okay to do it? (I'm a pretty experienced mechanic with big enough balls to do most things to my beloved car)

3) Where the HELL does the microphone go!? At a guess I'd say it sits up in the light unit but like I say that's only a guess

Nigel (NHN) is online at the moment and may see this thread. If not, drop him a PM. Also jb0o is close(ish) to you in Cleveland, and he could sort it

The microphone goes behind the courtesy light, as there is a slot already there for it on the back of cover. You'll need to take off passenger side A-Pillar cover to feed the wire through behind the roof lining to hole behind light.

I placed the bt module under the passenger side seat as there is access hole there already to feed the wire under the carpet. although you still need to take of side mouldings holding down carpet.

I first placed the GPS antenna above glove box but it didnt give me full signal so moved it behind clocks, and now it gives full signal. I also heard that if to put it right up in the corner under the dash above the glove box it also gives full signal. hope this helps and good luck with the install.

Also i brought my kit with wiring for ebay, although i had to extend the wiring to instal bt module under seat.

I'm assuming the GPS antenna you're talking about is the one for the RNS-E? I've already got that, just wanting to add the bluetooth module to it. Thanks for the info about the microphone and routing, thought that would be the case.

Also, will a module with a prefix of 8T0 work in an 8P A3?

8T0 isnt supported on the 8P.

I always fit under the seat, the module antenna is very delicate & I wouldnt like the module to slip out & antenna get damaged, thus best to fit as per factory would.

I have a bnib latest version BT kit for the 8P for sale if interested or I do supply/fit services :)

For record, gps is best to have a sharkfin, secondary is to use the small square antenna & fit this above the glovebox to the right of the passenger round airvent with quality double sided tape, never failed for me.

Could you PM me a price for the kit please NHN. As easy as it would be to get someone to fit it for me I don't think it would nr that difficult of a job and I'd much rather do it myself! Haha.