Modyfying the brakes?

I

imported_trident21

Has anyone done this? If Im not misstaking the capiler and discs are the same as the S4 B6? Can anyone comfirme this? I would like to find some disc and pads that fits the orginal capiler and let me use the 17" winter wheels!

I have fint those:
http://www.ecstuning.com/stage/edpd/page...odel=&engine=V8

does for examaple Brembo have some discs that fits and can anyone recomend some good pads (A plus would be some that don´t make my rimes look black)

What makes you think they're the same? I'm pretty sure they're not.

Here's a pic of my B6 S4 calipers (front before painting, rear after etc) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

s4_caliper_before.jpg

s4_caliper_rear.jpg

They look the same, and the Disc diameter is the same!

Look the same to me, but sometimes you can't tell off a picture.

I was lying if I sad that it was only for better stopping, but the look is not the big issue!

I've seen it documented somewhere that the 3.2 uses the old (B5) RS4 front brake set up. Cant remember where it was though...

I thought that the TT 3.2 and the old RS4 has the same capiler a 2 piston one. That is what the Etka says atleast. But the A3 3.2 has another single piston one that looks exactly like the S4 B6 one! But I don´t know what the etka says..

i don't know if the same, but my stock calipers were able to support 320mm discs they had 2 piston on same side. and fit in the 16 inch rims,

the hps plus pads are great and the grooved ecs discs are light with good reaction to the pads, and they make a cool humming sound when they rotate /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
There is a nice article in VW driver this month, where a guy with a R32 upgrades to ECS big brakes, from a porsche cayenne V8.

His contact was with:

www.vagtech.co.uk

www.ecstuning.com

[/ QUOTE ]

I supplied him with the kit from ECS. We (JBR) are the UK Importer for ECS Tuning.

Has anyone got a copy that they could scan in?

RIch