Bike Carrier on Sportback

OutLore

VOIP Dude
Reaction score
Anyone use a rear mounted bike carrier on their Sportback? I want to be able to put one on which allows the tailgate to be opened while the rack is on it, and at the same time does not require a trailerboard.....

Any recommendations?

TIA

What about the Thule bike carriers?

I use there Aero rails and the quick release carrier, superb set up.
You have to buy different foot packs depending if you have rails or not

www.roofbox.co.uk

[ QUOTE ]
Rear bike carriers, always worry me, I'm in a mountain bike club and know many who have lost bikes or had hatch damage. But its horses for courses I suppose.

I had the tow bar on mine and use a Pendle, no worries with three bikes on!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah - unfortunately I have a couple of limitations with roof mounted carriers - firstly the arch I have to drive under to get to my apartment is too low, and secondly the forks I have on one of my bikes can be damaged if clamped in a fork mount then driven up the road at 60mph (Carbon Fibre)

So, unless I fork out (no pun intended) for a towbar, its a hatch mount, or use the team van all the time - which is fine for long trips where loads of us go but if its just me I want to take the car......

Audi do one for the Sportback which is boot mounted (unless you have a spoiler). Get hold of the Sportback accessories brochure - it is £330 though! Carries 2 bikes.

Part number is 1T0 071 105G