Appreciate a few bits of the work I've done to date are floating about on various threads, but I'd rather work on a single thread from now on, so pulling it all together into one!
Car spec at point of order
Audi S3 2.0TFSi 261PS (3 door)
6 speed manual
Factory Fitted options
Black Edition (inc. window tints / 18" Rotor alloys / RNSE with black surround / Bluetooth prep low)
Panther Black Crystal Paint
Audi Music Interface
Comfort pack (Dimming interior mirror / dimming - folding - heated exterior mirrors / heated washer jets / cruise control / tint top windscreen)
Interior light pack
Tyre pressure warning system
Luggage pack (net + 12v boot socket)
Dealer fitted options
Aluminium interior trim panels
Supagard interior protection treatment (Didn't let them apply the exterior stuff!)
USE THESE INDEX QUICKLINKS TO JUMP TO SPECIFIC MODIFICATIONS / UPDATE POSTS (Will be constantly updated!)
1) Dealer Collection - Below in this post
2) First impressions of the car
3) First mods
5) Lights - LED's / Fogs / Indicator bulbs
6) Remapping - Revo Stage 1
7) RNSE Screen Protector
8) RS3 OEM 19" Alloy Upgrade
9) Spark plugs & regapping
10) Detailing time / snow foam
11) 5mm rear spacers
12) Eibach lowering springs (Pro Kit 20mm lower)
13) LED Rear bulbs - Tinting the housing to reduce the brightness
14) Philips Diamond Vision 5000k H11 Fog Lights
15) Disabling GALA with VCDS for Bose Sound System
16) Custom OEM S3 Engine Cover 'Cut and Shut'
17) The End; it's been emotional!
1) DEALER COLLECTION
November 1st 2011; after a long 6 month wait she finally arrived. Said goodbye to our reasonably faithful 8P2 S3 and the part exchange was completed.
Whilst the motoring magazines were reporting the 8P2 to 8P3 was predominantly a cosmetic facelift, the car feels quite a different animal to drive. The '07 was not a loose car as it had done 90% of it's life on motorways, and there were distinct differences between the 2 cars in terms of the harshness of the suspension, the steering feel, and change in the engines power delivery which feels more linear in the new car.