JMB RetrofitsChris Nott
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: £17k to spend on an S3... 8P2 or 8P3

2nd Gear

Status

£17k to spend on an S3... 8P2 or 8P3

Hi all,

I have got £17k to spend and I want to know whether I should get an S3 8P2 with low mileage or an S3 8P3 with higher mileage?

£17k I hear you ask?

The options/requirements I want are as follows:

Colours: Black, Silver or possibly Sprint Blue
    No more than 50,000 miles
    RNS-E
    Flat Bottom MFSW
    Bose
    Phone Prep (Not essential)
    LED DRLs

Oh and I know that a new A3 is due out in Spring but not sure when the new S3 is due. Can anyone shed any light on this at all?

Cheers
    voorhees likes this.
    Now: 2009 S3 8P3 DSG. Mods: Revo Stage 2+, Full TBE, Autotech HPFP, Revo CAI, H&R ARBs, SuperPro Anti-Lift Kit, Rev D, Cruise control, LED interior lights upgrade, Rear DRLs... SPS & VCDS.
    Previously: 2001 AMK S3, Silver, Revo Remap, Milltek DV, KW Springs & Shocks, H&R ARB.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    what do 8P2 DRLs look like?

MPG the new BPH

Status
    side lights

2009 (58) plate audi A3 Sline 2.0TDI, DRL's with washers, Half Leather / Alcantara, I Pod Aux, 15% tints / EM tuning L.E.D. interior upgrade, fully machine corrected!

1st Gear

Status
    black one of them 3.. silver looks boring and the orange is abit look at me..... sprint blue is the coulor id have but then will you find a decent one for the money..??...
    ROGUE TRADER

2nd Gear

Status
    Thanks for these. Not a fan of the red leathers personally, but thats just me...

Am i right in saying that these are all S3 8P2's? If so, it looks like i will be hard pushed to get the newer 8P3 for my budget. What do you reckon?
    Now: 2009 S3 8P3 DSG. Mods: Revo Stage 2+, Full TBE, Autotech HPFP, Revo CAI, H&R ARBs, SuperPro Anti-Lift Kit, Rev D, Cruise control, LED interior lights upgrade, Rear DRLs... SPS & VCDS.
    Previously: 2001 AMK S3, Silver, Revo Remap, Milltek DV, KW Springs & Shocks, H&R ARB.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Forbzeeee View Post
    Thanks for these. Not a fan of the red leathers personally, but thats just me...

Am i right in saying that these are all S3 8P2's? If so, it looks like i will be hard pushed to get the newer 8P3 for my budget. What do you reckon?
    a t least 18.5 - 20k for a 2009 model
    Be patient. English is tough.

Now:

61 Audi S3 BE S-Tronic Ibis White: Build Thread.
    / Black Edition pack (SatNav, Bluetooth) / Parking Sensors / Tinted windows / piano inlays and finish / Cruise Control / Interior light pack /
    /Mods: REVO Stage 2+: Revo Intake / BCS Powervalve TBE system / LOBA HPFP / Crystal Clear H11 FOGS / Black roof + spoiler vinyl wrap / H&R Anti-roll bars / Superpro ALK /

2nd Gear

Status
    Last edited by Gavin0478; 4th January 2012 at 23:38.
    V8 baby... oh yeah

MPG the new BPH

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Gavin0478 View Post
    sportback yes bloody please

2009 (58) plate audi A3 Sline 2.0TDI, DRL's with washers, Half Leather / Alcantara, I Pod Aux, 15% tints / EM tuning L.E.D. interior upgrade, fully machine corrected!

1st Gear

Status
    personally the blue 8p3 - love that colour, with a optics grill & them rims powder coated black - perfect!
    All Black Everything
    Looking For Some 18" Speedlines
    Or some BBS CH's (Black) or CK's (Anthracite)

Morells
    I went for a orange S3 8P2 and i love it and get loads of looks in it but if i could have got one in sprint blue in the short time period i had then i would have got one my personal choices tho. i had a same budget as you and went for the lower mileage car just peace of mind for me having the lower miles.

Shark Performance In Scotland

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Brodster On Twitter Add Brodster on Facebook
    I never really had any choice in the colour selection of my 8P2 S3. Took my tweaked 2.0 TDI in for a service at 0900 and came out of the garage at 1100 being the new owner of a 08 plate silver S3 with wait for it........11850 miles on it. At the price I paid for it I couldnt say no as there were buyers on route with cash to buy it that morning......silly really as NO deposits had been paid so the car was mine.....get on!!!
    Angelwax/BBS/BCS/Bilstein/Cobra/CTS Turbo/DTUK/H&R/K-Sport/KW/Loba/Milltek/Shark Performance/Oz Racing/TPI/VCDS/V-Maxx/Vossen/Wagner

2nd Gear

Status
    Can I be cheeky and ask how much you paid for that?

Quote Originally Posted by Brodster View Post
    I never really had any choice in the colour selection of my 8P2 S3. Took my tweaked 2.0 TDI in for a service at 0900 and came out of the garage at 1100 being the new owner of a 08 plate silver S3 with wait for it........11850 miles on it. At the price I paid for it I couldnt say no as there were buyers on route with cash to buy it that morning......silly really as NO deposits had been paid so the car was mine.....get on!!!

Jen – Juicy Detailing

Status
    I know where you can get an ibis white 8P3 with 20k on the clock, with buckets and bose for apx £17k...if your interested let me know

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Juicy Jen View Post
    I know where you can get an ibis white 8P3 with 20k on the clock, with buckets and bose for apx £17k...if your interested let me know
    and Cat D on a V5:P

Now:

/ Black Edition pack (SatNav, Bluetooth) / Parking Sensors / Tinted windows / piano inlays and finish / Cruise Control / Interior light pack /
    /Mods: REVO Stage 2+: Revo Intake / BCS Powervalve TBE system / LOBA HPFP / Crystal Clear H11 FOGS / Black roof + spoiler vinyl wrap / H&R Anti-roll bars / Superpro ALK /

Jen – Juicy Detailing

Status
    No it isnt actually its the one I put a deposit on a few weeks ago and have been messed about by Audi with so pulled out (although kinda regreting it now ). When I pulled out I was told it had been sold within an hour but they called yesterday to see if I was still interested as the guy hasnt paid his deposit and as I am looking around again.....

Tbh I dont really want ibis but at the time it seemed too good a deal to miss, so thats why I've not gone for it again
    Last edited by Juicy Jen; 5th January 2012 at 10:12.

5th Gear

Status
    Thats a really good price then but nothing comes free in this life remember:P. Although 17k for a 3.5 years old car is pretty good retained more than 50% of its value.

Now:

2nd Gear

Status
    Juicy Jen, why was this so cheap and how come i cannot find it on the Audi Approved Used searches?

Jen – Juicy Detailing

Status
    Tbh knowing how things had been going with it if I had continued with the purchase it would of been one of the cars parked under the canopy at Glasgow that got damaged lol.....the car is in mint condition so its a good bargain if someone is interested - Speak to Gavin and mention Jen sent you!

Jen – Juicy Detailing

Status
    Juicy Jen, why was this so cheap and how come i cannot find it on the Audi Approved Used searches?
    It had literally just come in when I went to look at it and think they have taken it off the system...give Gavin a call at Glasgow Audi Obviously not sure if you'll get the same deal as we pushed hard and got a few extra things put in as they messed us about. The car's ready to go as it could of been with me today if I wanted it...to new front tyres been added etc

No nav or blue tooth but these can be retro fitted

5th Gear

Status
    thats why extra 1k for decent approved car is way better option for peace of mind unless you really want to save and get cheapest option but then I'd get a diesel or use bus:]

Now:

2nd Gear

Status
    Orange 8p2 ftw! Look more aggressive than then facelift although still love the facelift. And you can get Lower mileage, fit the facelift rear lights and from behind you won't know at least.

Mine has every single extra other than buckets and had 10k on the clock

6th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Follow MartayMcFly On Twitter Visit MartayMcFly's Youtube Channel Visit MartayMcFly's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by benppl View Post
    what do 8P2 DRLs look like?

8P2 DRLs with LED bulbs
    Hunt is over

1st Audi - 2001 Ming Blue 8L S3 210
    2nd Audi - 2008 Black 8P2 S3 3dr
    and now - 2007 Daytona Grey B7 RS4 saloon

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by MartayMcFly View Post

8P2 DRLs with LED bulbs
    Very nice indeed. This is what I will be after.

2nd Gear

Status
    Anyone know when the new S3 is due?

5th Gear

Status
    middle 2013?

Now:

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by RedDejavu View Post
    middle 2013?
    If this is correct then this is great news... I did hear a few months ago that they were planning on a 2012 Autumn release. If this had been true it would have a huge bearing on my decision.

What do you all think of this?

2008 Audi S3 T FSI quattro 265 PS 2.0L 3dr

It doesnt have the steering wheel I am after but I can get one retrofitted i guess...

2nd Gear

Status
    If this is correct then this is great news... I did hear a few months ago that they were planning on a 2012 Autumn release. If this had been true it would have a huge bearing on my decision.

It doesnt have the steering wheel I am after but I can get one retrofitted i guess...
    ?

Andrew - Diesel Tuning UK

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Juicy Jen View Post
    Tbh knowing how things had been going with it if I had continued with the purchase it would of been one of the cars parked under the canopy at Glasgow that got damaged lol.....the car is in mint condition so its a good bargain if someone is interested - Speak to Gavin and mention Jen sent you!
    Its gone this morning

sorry , youll just have to use the RS3 instead

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by nally View Post
    In Bradford, save your money as it will be most likely be clocked to death and have **** history, the photos of the location behind it hardly look inviting when buying a car for £17000+.

Those who live in or near Bradford will understand where I'm coming from.
    Last edited by AidenUK; 5th January 2012 at 13:33.
    Audi A3 2.0L TDI S-Line Sportback

6th Gear

Status
    DP.

Shark Performance In Scotland

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Brodster On Twitter Add Brodster on Facebook
    Can I be cheeky and ask how much you paid for that?
    I paid just over £17k for it. Got 2 new tyres, 2 yrs free servicing, 2 yrs free RAC breakdown, yrs tax and MOT and full tank of fuel out of them which I thought wasnt too bad. The previous owner needed a quick sale as he had just bought a Porsche Caymen R as he needed something faster......I was little baffled by this as the S3 is fairly quick and not all that slower than the Porker.
    Angelwax/BBS/BCS/Bilstein/Cobra/CTS Turbo/DTUK/H&R/K-Sport/KW/Loba/Milltek/Shark Performance/Oz Racing/TPI/VCDS/V-Maxx/Vossen/Wagner

2nd Gear

Status
    I paid just over £17k for it. Got 2 new tyres, 2 yrs free servicing, 2 yrs free RAC breakdown, yrs tax and MOT and full tank of fuel out of them which I thought wasnt too bad. The previous owner needed a quick sale as he had just bought a Porsche Caymen R as he needed something faster......I was little baffled by this as the S3 is fairly quick and not all that slower than the Porker.
    Thats a bargain. Definitely a case of your being in the right place at the right time! I cant believe what you got them to throw in as well.... My local dealers are much tighter and I would have to beg for days to be given all of that at that price!!

Do you prefer your 8P2 to the 8P3? Despite getting such an amazing deal do you have any regrets ?

5th Gear

Status

they say March for the new shape than Sportback than S3 so will take them at least a year to actualy get the car to hands I assume.

Now:

4th Gear

Status
    My S3 8P3 was a bargain when I bought it back in June.
    Oct 2008 58 plate, Ibis, 3dr, 12k, 1 owner, £18888.
    19k on it now but not really lost much £ on it since.
    Now:
    TTS, Leon Cupra R, MK2 Golf GTi 16v BB 3dr & MK4 Golf "GTi" 2.0 8v

Past:
    S3 8P3
    A3 2.0T
    S3 8L REVO
    306 Rallye
    Impreza STi8
    Leon Cupra R REVO
    S3 8L REVO
    Impreza T2000
    306 Rallye
    MK3 Golf GTi 8v
    & more in between

Morells
    what about this S3 8P2 its cheap and low miles http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/sale-wa...e-reduced.html or does the colour put you off?

6th Gear

Status
    Someone on here as just posted up their Cayman R after getting rid of an S3?

Maybe you have their previous motor?
    Last edited by AidenUK; 5th January 2012 at 14:38.

1st Gear

Status
    in a straight line maybe!

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Morells View Post
    what about this S3 8P2 its cheap and low miles http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/sale-wa...e-reduced.html or does the colour put you off?
    I have seen this before. They have been trying to sell it for ages which makes me wonder why as it is a good spec. I have noticed that the Solar Orange seems to take a while to sell. TBH it is a bit too lairy for me
    RedDejavu likes this.

Morells
    I have seen this before. They have been trying to sell it for ages which makes me wonder why as it is a good spec. I have noticed that the Solar Orange seems to take a while to sell. TBH it is a bit too lairy for me
    like you said i think the orange ones are harder to sell because people are more worried about resale or are not daring enough to have a orange one i think im in a select few who like the asbo orange haha or im mental hope you find a S3 that ticks all the box's for you tho

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast