LOLage video of my Bluefin stage one before and afters

benppl

Reaction score
Please excuse the crap/embarrassing edit. I've never edited a video before.

The second 15-80 video jumps a bit but I've timed the original. Cant get iMovie to stop it jumping.

car is a 2011 S3 S-Tronic (as per my uber cool edit ha)

Last edited by a moderator:
So you're happy with the bluefin now? Is that with the tweaked map they sent you?

Its about 80% there, they are working on a further map for me as it just feels quite not "there"

They wanted me to get some VCDS info on the car (boost, timing etc) but im yet to do it.

Its lots better than the first map anyways.

My car stock seemed pretty quick anyway, saying that..I've never driven another.

Its about 80% there, they are working on a further map for me as it just feels quite not "there"

They wanted me to get some VCDS info on the car (boost, timing etc) but im yet to do it.

Its lots better than the first map anyways.

My car stock seemed pretty quick anyway, saying that..I've never driven another.

So what did you say to them when you first called? Something along the lines that "the car feels slower and I need it quicker"??
I just wonder what they changed to produce the second map, based on what you said to them.

So what did you say to them when you first called? Something along the lines that "the car feels slower and I need it quicker"??
I just wonder what they changed to produce the second map, based on what you said to them.

Pretty much, just called up and said "It doesn't feel like 50hp/50NM" my best mate has a megane 250, we got them at the same (ish) time. His car was transformed and mine wasn't so I just put that too them.

Tbf the customer service has been very good from Superchips.

My experience of other tuners has always been "tough cookies, ****** off"

Will see what map three does!

Pretty much, just called up and said "It doesn't feel like 50hp/50NM" my best mate has a megane 250, we got them at the same (ish) time. His car was transformed and mine wasn't so I just put that too them.

How does your S3 compare to megane 250 after remap now did you guys took the cars for a good race? Sorry for OT but really curious as megane 250 is close S3 competitor:].

Yeah, I keep hearing that superchips offer very good customer service and are keen to work with unhappy customers to make them happy.
Farhan on here got his 1.8T bluefin'd and he wasn't totally happy with the first map. He called them and they sent him another one, and he's mostly satisfied now, but like you is considering asking them to make it slightly more aggressive again.

Standard on standard the S3 has the edge but not by much, mainly due to the traction and DSG box.

Now we are both mapped I would say it’s about the same.

The Meganes are like the S3s they book at 250 but roll more like 265hp. The Bluefin map took his to 305hp (RR) with the weight advantage and its close beans apart from standing starts (launch control)

I'm massively into Renaults, I own a cup racer spec Clio on TB's with a Avanti box.

If the Audi was anywhere near as much fun as the Meg it would be the perfect car for me, I still wouldn't own a new Renault though as the build quality and dealer aftercare is still and always will be appalling.

IMG_0285-1.jpg

cagewelded102.jpg

IMG_9684.jpg

ring220308065Small.jpg

n625029535_350128_2308.jpg

Thats why I decided to go with S3 dsg + quattro plus +stage 2 and you get amazing all arounder. Renault feels dull inside and its more of a boy racer car not to mention sucks on wet like every fwd car