What is needed for "stage two"

benppl

Reaction score
Hate the whole "stage" thing (urgh) but anyways...bluefin are currently amending my map and whilst in the process I've noticed that they offer 'stage two" software..I don't want to change my stock exhaust..and its seems to be common knowledge that filters loose power....

So.

Can I have stage two (urgh) but just have a stock engine/exhaust and maybe just a panel filter?

Personally I think it's the air box that's as big an issue as the panel filter itself. It's design seems to have come about from there being no space for a proper air box under the bonnet, so they integrated it into an engine cover.

You could change the down pipe and car, then retain the rear of the exhaust as OEM equipment. Then you could wait to see what the new ITG filter kit looks like when it arrives later in the month as it may be more OEM friendly.

Would give you a properly quick car, but the clutch will suffer as soon as you head over Stg 1.

I S-Tronic, clutch has a bit more "beef"

DSG clutches should be ok. They handled 300bhp in the stock R36.

Last edited:
Can't really touch the down pipe/cats tbh.

Do panel filters do anything to compliment the map? bit of noise maybe ? lol

Panel filter will not be as good as a regularly changed std filter imho.save your money. The restriction in the inlet system is the pipe not the filter.