How nice are Audi assist?

marriedblonde

Reaction score
Ok following on from my how do you open the bonnet post I have had to call in audi Assist. I've got a busy day doing nothing as per usual today. My days go something like this: Get up make the wife breakfast, make her a salad for lunch, surf the internet, shower, go to the gym, coffee with the parents. Perhaps meet wife to do a spot of shopping, Plus today I am getting my hair cut at 3.30... etc so as you can imagine my days are very busy.

Phoned up Audi assist and explained about my bonnet and they fine no problems we will get someone out. As soon as possible which was no good as I am busy... SO I have booked an appointment with a tech later on this afternoon. Just got to find out if he turns up on time!

J.

MB,

And I thought my days were busy. Hope your getting payed loads for all that hard work /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

marriedblonde, seriously, just get someone to push down on the bonnet (in the middle down by the grill) while you pull the catch.. bingo!!!

then give it a dollop of oil!

trust me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif i work in advertising!

@ LeMan: Tried that and it doesn't want to know! Don;t want to push down to hard on it either in case I end up putting a james sized lump in my bonnet!

@ Japper and Tdi-line: I am currently a leach on society, a doley, so not getting paid very much at all! But theres worse things than being a house b!tch although the novelty is wearing off

Yep mate, i'm sure there are. Lol. house-bitch.
90_2.gif

Somehow my last recollection of being on the dole didn't involve surfing the net and going down the gym... alright for some /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Somehow my last recollection of being on the dole didn't involve surfing the net and going down the gym... alright for some /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

And driving around in a nice spanky new s-line /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

Or owning a new S Line A3 !!

MB - they are good. At least the Audi Assist in Ireland is.

At Christmas I was in the middle of nowhere on the West coast of Ireland (oh-errr) when my door decided to come off one of the hinges when it caught in the wind.

A guy came out within 40 mins on a track, forced my door closed and directed me to his garage a few miles away where I met some mechanics who jacked the door back up and slotted it into place.

Didn't cost me a penny and my worriying of having to drive right across the country back to Dublin with a half open door were soon put to rest.

I'm in a similar position. I've have taken early retirement from my job with computers and now only work 2 days a week, 6 hours each day at the local B+Q DIY store. Much more enjoyable than full time working. I am a qualified Architectural Technician so at least my architectural/building knowledge is being put to some use again.

Well they have been and gone. Excellant service! He phoned me at 3.30 to say he would be 15 minutes and he was spot on.

It took longer for me to make the coffee than to fix the car. The release cable is in 2 parts and it had seperated under the bonnet, all fixed and now I'm happy again! although I have just spent the last 20 minutes cleaning up the wd 40 I sprayed earlier...

The tech used to work for VW assist and came out to my house 4 years ago to fix my old Gti when a turbo pipe had popped off. Small world or what!

J.

And yes it's a hard life but I am now looking for a job honest! Although I am off to the carribean next friday for 8 days I suppose it will have to wait a little longer.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

When I called them out on Boxing Day I got the RAC, is that the norm or was it just because of the Christmas holidays?

Sometimes they contract the work out to mechanics/RAC ...