Sky InsuranceVolks Autos
Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By RobinA3
  • 1 Post By FranA3

Thread: Extra Boot Light Retro-Fit

6th Gear

Status

Extra Boot Light Retro-Fit

As a part of my puddle light retro fit - My DIY guide for Retro fitting Puddle Lights

and my footwell light retro fit kit - My DIY Guide for Retro Fitting Foot well lights

I can now offer a extra boot light retro fitting kit.

A few members have asked me to supply these to them and i have decided to offer this to other members.

The extra light will be plug and play - all you need to do is remove your existing light, fit my light, route the wire to the other side of the car and then plug your old light it into the new wiring.

These pictures have been supplied by Sean aka MrWhItEwOlF so thanks to him.

Remove the existing light and plug my light into the existing wiring.

Create hole for new light

Extra light fitted

Price for the full kit is £20 inc 1st recorded postage.

PM me if you are interested.
    Last edited by RobinA3; 3rd January 2012 at 15:23.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Audi A3 Sport 1.6 2006

Status
    The job took me roughy an hour with no guidence longest part was cutting out the ten plastic strips which I used some gardening hand sheers

I have done all 3 retro fits from Robin and all work great and I had loads of support when I got in a pickle :D and would recommend everyone to do all 3 retro fits

Also on my ones I had bought the LED boot lights from T8ups and would recommend him also if you prefer the brighter white look :D

The final Pictures really don't do this loom justice and would strongly advise anyone that wants extra boot lighting in a OEM form to get this

Flying low level

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Helifella On Twitter
    Out of interest how easy is it to route the new cable to the offside and which route does it take? Also on the plastic grill photo - is it showing the correct number of slats to cut?
    Regards
    HeliFella

I.A.M. Member http://www.iam.org.uk/about-us/

'61 spec, A3 Sportback S-Line Black Edition in Ibis White, EM Tuning upgraded LED extended interior XL lightpack,
    Duxback Glass Treatment, Diamond Vision front fog lights, shortened number plates,
    gloss black rear rings & black edition S-line wing badges. Blackvue DR550GW 2 channel in-car camera with Smart Power battery protection.

Flying low level

Status

My Social Networking

Oh on another note do you offer the retro kit for fitting the rear footwell lights into the empty brackets on the rear of the front seats?

Trups pointed these out to me so wondered if a kit is available? Again how'd you think these would be routed?
    Regards
    HeliFella

'61 spec, A3 Sportback S-Line Black Edition in Ibis White, EM Tuning upgraded LED extended interior XL lightpack,
    Duxback Glass Treatment, Diamond Vision front fog lights, shortened number plates,
    gloss black rear rings & black edition S-line wing badges. Blackvue DR550GW 2 channel in-car camera with Smart Power battery protection.

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Helifella View Post
    Out of interest how easy is it to route the new cable to the offside and which route does it take? Also on the plastic grill photo - is it showing the correct number of slats to cut?
    Im also interested in the wiring route and where it goes etc pictures if possible please and i will probably put my order in

Selling MY11 rear lights, message me for a price

5th Gear

Status
    Wow, Awesome Retro fit that.

Bi Xenon Projector kits starting at £79.99 per pair.

EM Tuning Lighting.

events moderator

Status
    fair play robin that looks awesome , another fantastic kit will have to get one off you in the near future
    MrWhItEwOlF likes this.
    off the road boohoo anyone got a gearbox for me lol!!

6th Gear

Status
    The wiring is easy to route, you can drop down the side trim of the boot and then behind the rear panel which sits at the back of the boot or you can go into the wheel well instead.

6th Gear

Status
    Oh on another note do you offer the retro kit for fitting the rear footwell lights into the empty brackets on the rear of the front seats?

Trups pointed these out to me so wondered if a kit is available? Again how'd you think these would be routed?
    I do, the rear footwell lights will connect into the front footwell lights however this will only work if you have one of my footwell looms as they are a one off which i do on special requests.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by RobinA3 View Post
    I do, the rear footwell lights will connect into the front footwell lights however this will only work if you have one of my footwell looms as they are a one off which i do on special requests.
    Robin,

Matt's car came with the optional lighting pack.

ive just pm'd you with an idea for a loom you could off for members with the optional light pack as an "add on"

Trups
    Bi Xenon Projector kits starting at £79.99 per pair.

EM Tuning Lighting.

Flying low level

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by t8ups View Post
    Robin,

Matt's car came with the optional lighting pack.

ive just pm'd you with an idea for a loom you could off for members with the optional light pack as an "add on"

Trups

I wait with baited breath

Matti.
    Regards
    HeliFella

MPG the new BPH

Status
    robin will you do my christmas lights next year

2009 (58) plate audi A3 Sline 2.0TDI, DRL's with washers, Half Leather / Alcantara, I Pod Aux, 15% tints / EM tuning L.E.D. interior upgrade, fully machine corrected!

Audi A3 Sport 1.6 2006

Status
    hey Helifella,

It was enough to cut out for me but as I did firstly try only 8 and found it way too tight and the extra two cut made it long enough for me but I'm still very new and ameturish to DIY and found this was the best way for me but others might saw/solder/professionally trim the other side to match. but to answer your question I would say 10 is needed with at least 3 plastic bits in to make it roughly the same level

Audi A3 Sport 1.6 2006

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by RobinA3 View Post
    The wiring is easy to route, you can drop down the side trim of the boot and then behind the rear panel which sits at the back of the boot or you can go into the wheel

For those wondering I did it was down the ligh sided trim through the under rear boot panel and up the offside of the other side trim

Flying low level

Status

My Social Networking

How did you remove the trim around the boot lid catch? i'm very nervous pulling my new car to pieces.
    Regards
    HeliFella

Audi A3 Sport 1.6 2006

Status
    How did you remove the trim around the boot lid catch? i'm very nervous pulling my new car to pieces.
    I believe it is just a pull up but what i did is take the boot Matt out and took the emergentcy triangle out and just pull up on the middle plastic part and it came up so unless I broke it which im sure I haven't :D as for the side trim there is a screw on each side next to where the boot lights will be before you start to pull on the sides

Flying low level

Status

My Social Networking

I cannot for the life of me get the sides to come away despite unscrewing the torq screw near the light location.

Even tried threading down through the newly cut hole but the wire keeps snagging before I can get my fingers to it from the bottom.

"Ooh Tr-ups, can you..."
    Regards
    HeliFella

Flying low level

Status

My Social Networking

Well, with a ton of help from Trups we have fitted the rear footwell & second boot light.

Please see this link for a load of photos of the completed work.
    http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/new-a3-s3-sportback-8p-chassis/140430-em-tuning-ed-light-upgrade-2.html#post1489729
    Regards
    HeliFella

Reverse Gear

Status
    Am trying to do this mod but am struggling to take the boot panels out The fittings are far better hidden than the rest of the car!