Will a Mk5 golf cruise stalk work with an A3 8p?

PhilPD

Reaction score
Hello All, Happy New Year.

Does anyone know if the cruise stalk from a Mk5 golf would work with an a3

GENUINE VW GOLF MK5 CRUISE CONTROL KIT | eBay
The reason I ask, is that as we know, the A3 version does not work as you would expect when used with a midline steering controller, where as I would imagine the Mk5 version might?

Regards

No mate, this will not work!

Why do you think it won't it work correctly with a midline ecu???!!
It is only the earlier ecu I think around upto late 2004 early 2005 it works slightly different.

What year is your A3?

Besides it is a double stalk on the A3, one for indicators and one for cruise.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply!

I have fitted the A3 double cruise stalk to my 2004 car and can't get it to work. The steering controller shows that it recognises speed up/down, cancel etc but i cant see it responding to set. I have tried pulling the stalk in all different directions but it just won't cruise.

A member on here suggested the clutch switch may be faulty, however measuring blocks on the engine ECU show that there is a signal from the clutch switch (the binary changes from 0 to 1 when it's pressed)... Unless the switch is a dual circuit or something.

I ran the repair wire from the steering controller to the plug under the scuttle... My next idea is to double check this is fully engaged into the plugs at both ends.

I have dont the coding of the steering controller and ECU.

Car is a 2004 3.2 with trip comp but no MFSW and steering controller part number ending with A.

Just thought the golf stalk might be the answer! :(