Sky InsuranceChris Nott
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Cauz88

Thread: New to forum, looking to start modding, open to suggestions :)

Reverse Gear

Status

New to forum, looking to start modding, open to suggestions :)

Firstly, Happy new year!

I purchased a 3 Door 2005 Audi 1.6 back in June, first Audi (I had a Mk5 Golf TDI before this) much prefer the Audi builds, looks and drive!

I told myself to get used to the car for 6months, now the new year is here, i'm looking to get to work on her I want to go for a S3 look but "smoked" out, luckily a new front end was already fitted to car when i brought it. Due to my age and insurance, i want to keep the mods to looks for now rather than remaps etc.

Things i have in mind;
    18" RS4 Alloys
    Sline Side Skirts
    Sline Read bumper with diffuser
    Sline Leather interior (including steering wheels, pedals and gear stick)<br>
    Maybe light tints

Open to suggestions on all ideas though, I do want to get some new lights ASAP!

FYI I'm in Birmingham

Pics;

2. # ADS
    ADS

Sideways

Status
    You'll have no problem finding people to help you spend your money here. I reckon a black optics grill, my11 rear lights, coil overs and a wheel of your choice and it'll look sweet. Then you can add your own individual mods to stand out from the crowd.

A3 3.2 Quattro Sport

Reverse Gear

Status
    Yeah I heard i better watch my wallet haha. In terms of the grill, whats the amount of work involved? Does the front end need to be removed?

Just had a look and I definitely like the MY11 rear lights so they are a definite.

5th Gear

Status
    Coilovers, wheels, spacers has got to be where you start!

Reverse Gear

Status
    Agreed, I think my mind is set on 18" RS4 twin spoke alloys, but I've also been looking at;

18" AUDI A3 2003-2011 A4 1995-2011 100 90-94 ALLROAD 09-11 ALLOY WHEELS 5x112 | eBaylonde moment, but coilovers are for lowering yeah? and spacers?

Sideways

Status
    I've still got the split grill mysel. I think the 8p2 black optics is a straight swap for yours. You will need to take the bumper off but its no big deal, just a few screws if you're brave enough. Someone will soon correct me if I'm wrong. You should search a few threads, there's some amazing cars on here.

A3 3.2 Quattro Sport

MPG the new BPH

Status
    recently sold sline rear bumper in lava grey with valance.
    as for conversion good idear i presume you are gonna tell your insurance ?

also what is your car ? se/ sport

2009 (58) plate audi A3 Sline 2.0TDI, DRL's with washers, Half Leather / Alcantara, I Pod Aux, 15% tints / EM tuning L.E.D. interior upgrade, fully machine corrected!

Reverse Gear

Status
    To be honest this forum is where ive made the "vision" of how i want my baby to look. There are a TON of useful threads, so this one isnt really asking for the technical side of things, just more so opinions, so cheers for your replies so far
    2005 | A3 | 1.6 | Lava Grey |

Mods: S-Line Front End

Wishlist: S-Line Rear Bumper | S-Line Side Skirts | S-Line Full Leather Interior | MY11 Rear Lights | 18" RS4 or RS3 Alloys

MPG the new BPH

Status
    i sold mine for £100

i didnt tell my insuranec company but i had a plan. i.e sline bumpers with no badges, newer style 17"'s so on the face of it mr insurance man views the car it looks standard to the untrained eye. so interior i would go for half leather ( like sline) but not with the embossed sline badge.

the reson i say this is my mate gav smashed his bm up and he fitted AC splitters the insurance dint mention that buy would not pay out due to the Ac stickers all over it and on the grille. plus he had an m3 badge on it

2009 (58) plate audi A3 Sline 2.0TDI, DRL's with washers, Half Leather / Alcantara, I Pod Aux, 15% tints / EM tuning L.E.D. interior upgrade, fully machine corrected!

Reverse Gear

Status
    ohhh ok thanks for the heads up! My insurance is steep at the moment as it is

Wishlist: S-Line Rear Bumper | S-Line Side Skirts | S-Line Full Leather Interior | MY11 Rear Lights | 18" RS4 or RS3 Alloys

Per ardua

Status
    OEM alloys ftw

Bumper will need removing to fit a new grill. Personally I would keep the chrome surround on a black car...looks good so far!
    For sale:
    RS6 18" alloys
    S-line 8p2 chrome grill
    Pm me.

MPG the new BPH

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by rockape View Post
    OEM alloys ftw

Bumper will need removing to fit a new grill. Personally I would keep the chrome surround on a black car...looks good so far!
    +1

either keep the grille and put a diff badge on or sell you grill and got some spondooies, or get an aftermarket honeycomb one

MPG the new BPH

Status
    the sline bumper is a must my old car

with sline

2008+ oem wheels

subtle is the way farward

Reverse Gear

Status
    Thanks for all the input guys, much appreciated, im starting to compile a more detailed list now. The $$ is there waiting to be spent but im not in any rush!

Just for the record the car is dark grey not black, although everyone thinks it is black (even in person)

MPG the new BPH

Status
    lava grey its is

MPG the new BPH

Status
    please update your sig lava grey

Sideways

Status
    I thought it was black at first look too! I'd keep the chrome trim on the grill then, but I reckon dark grey RS4 rims will looks sweet.

A3 3.2 Quattro Sport

2nd Gear

Status
    Are the sport back my 11 lights tinted darker or is it just the 3 door that got this?

Chris
    A3 2.0 TFSI Sportback - DSG, Alcantara/Leather Heated Seats, Xenons, Acoustic park, Armrest, Folding/auto dimming mirrors, Symphony with Bose, Rain sensor, Multifuntion steering wheel, Lumbar Support, Aluminium roof rails, Lumbar Support, Vanity mirror lights
    MODS - ​RS3 Aluminium Race Inlay trim, LED rear lights, RNS-E, Bluetooth+SDS, Sline front bumper+Black grille

3rd Gear

Status
    With regards to the insurance, you're really better off declaring it - a slightly higher premium is far better than them refusing to pay out and leaving you down the cost of the car.

Just phone them up before making any changes - most of the time, cosmetic changes won't affect the premium, or what it adds on will be a fraction of what you're spending on the mod anyway.
    Ibis White A3 Sportback Black Edition.
    2.0 TDI (170) Quattro
    Pics

Reverse Gear

Status
    Updated :P
    nally likes this.

Reverse Gear

Status
    That's the look I've got in mind I love the dark look, dark rs4 alloys mmmmm yummy!

Reverse Gear

Status
    Yeah my job pretty much relea on me being mobile so legit is the only option for me! Rather be safe than sorry!

2nd Gear

Status
    How old are you and how much do you pay for insurance if you don't mind me asking? i am only 18 and i have just changed my insurance over

Chris
    A3 2.0 TFSI Sportback - DSG, Alcantara/Leather Heated Seats, Xenons, Acoustic park, Armrest, Folding/auto dimming mirrors, Symphony with Bose, Rain sensor, Multifuntion steering wheel, Lumbar Support, Aluminium roof rails, Lumbar Support, Vanity mirror lights
    MODS - ​RS3 Aluminium Race Inlay trim, LED rear lights, RNS-E, Bluetooth+SDS, Sline front bumper+Black grille

Sideways

Status
    http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/new-a3-...s-lamin-x.html
    Check out this thread, it's pretty much what I reckon you're aiming for.

A3 3.2 Quattro Sport

Reverse Gear

Status
    Your a star mate that is the exact kind of look I am going for! I actually can't believe you have just found that lol nice one made my day!

Sideways

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Cauz88 View Post
    Your a star mate that is the exact kind of look I am going for! I actually can't believe you have just found that lol nice one made my day!
    No worries. That's what the forums for mate. You can find anything on here if you look through enough threads. Just make sure you do a build thread with loads of pics.

A3 3.2 Quattro Sport

2nd Gear

Status
    I Agree with MY11 rear lights, rs4 alloys sound nice too I think an s-line spoiler and tints would set it off very nicely possibly a cupra r splitter also. Good luck with the mods and welcome to ASN.
    SPEC: ebony pearl black ~ auto lights ~ auto wipers ~ half leather/suede interior ~ armrest ~ anti dazzle rear mirrior ~ coming home/ leaving home function.

MODS: flat bottom steering wheel ~ bluetooth ~ cruise control ~ rns-e ~ MY09 rear lights ~ s3 pedals ~ s3 air vents ~ LED interior light pack ~ facelift buttons ~ dension ~ SDS ~ Aliminium inlays ~ full grille conversion.

FUTURE MODS: lower ~ black edition rear ~ s-line/facelift front ~ black headlining ~ BBS CH-R or Speedlines.

MPG the new BPH

Status
    cant wait to see it finished

MPG the new BPH

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by BBlackburn View Post
    I Agree with MY11 rear lights, rs4 alloys sound nice too I think an s-line spoiler and tints would set it off very nicely possibly a cupra r splitter also. Good luck with the mods and welcome to ASN.
    newer style tail's are a must on the 3door

Reverse Gear

Status
    Cheers for the Input, ill get a progression thread going oce ive made my first purchase.

So far things i am decided on are;

MY11 tails
    18" RS4 alloys

Once the wheels are on I am going to see how I feel about coil overs.

One thing I meant to start a thread on is my steering. When parking, or driving slow but steering I hear a grinding/crunching noise, also I have had the amber power steering light come up a few times while driving normally. Any past experiences or ideas?

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    MY11s, S-Line rear, Nicer wheels, Lowered, Flat Bottom wheel are a good start!

"Will these wheel fit my car PM's will not be replied to, do you research & use the SEARCH button"

Detailing - Wheel Refurbishment - Shark Performance Software - VagbremTechnic Dealer - OEM Retrofitting - Remus - V-Maxx - Goodridge

Sideways

Status
    Can't help you with that one mate. Best start another thread I'm sure you'll get the answer in no time.

A3 3.2 Quattro Sport