Picked up car

Chris93

Reaction score
Hi everyone, just picked up the a3 and had a lovely drive back! very nice car and i got 35 mpg which i didn't think was too shabby :) A few issues, the parking sensors emit a long beep when you first go into reverse which i read in the manual means they are not functioning, the car also makes a slight whine when setting off but it is not the gearbox as when i change gear it doesn't stop of change in pitch, the whine is only at slow speed and becomes high pitch so you can't hear it over 20mph is this normal? apart from this the car is great and i have a 6 month mechanical and engine warranty which covers most things so i am not too worried

Chris

well done on the new purchase
sorry i cant help with the p sensors i am sure someone else can advise.
get some pics up with a build thread

I will try and get some pics up, took some today then it started raining!! The exhaust tailpipe was also rusted so i went over it with some wire wool but it is still not great

Chris

Probably a faulty sensor, needs scanning with vcds to find out which one. As for the whine that doesn't sound right, if it's not engine speed related, then it must be post gearbox somewhere!

OK, i didn't think it sounded like a bad noise, just never had a car that sounded like that before. I also figured out that one of the sensors is faulty but my warranty covers it so i am going to get this changed, i have got some rs3 aluminium race trims and a front light with map lights and ambient lighting coming this week so got some mods to get me started!!

Chris