OMG Break Light Bulb change FAIL

TimG

Reaction score
So after the antics of a headlight bulb blowing on Saturday and literally starting to burn after it had blown, smoke and everything coming from the headlight (to the extent I has to stop and disconnect the bulb as I was worried it would catch alight!), a break light has blown out now.

No problem normally, but is it just me or is removing the rear cluster nigh on impossible? Why make it so hard just to change a ****** bulb!I have literally put my entire body weight behind removing the tail light and it wont budge! It cant be that hard as loads of you lot have changed your tail lights
laugh.gif

Does it hinge on anything or are there just clips holding it in place?

I replaced a bulb a little while ago, and tbh it was proper stiff. I thought I was doing it wrong, so went back to the manual a few times. Rather than just brute force wiggle it about a bit, I think they get a bit stiff if they've been left for a while. The back edge pulls out to the side as you lever it off, rather than straight towards the back of the car. Just mind the screwdriver on your paint work.

As you can see in the photo there are 2 metal nipples which need to come out, that's what is holding the cluster on tight, where these nipples are once you have a gap big enough just force your fingers in and gently make the gap bigger, this will pull the nipples out

Last edited by a moderator:
haha mine are always a pain to come out too as said just wiggle it about a bit they usually come out