detailer advice

microfly

Reaction score
Hi there guys,got my brilliant red s3 black edition sportback yesterday and havin never heard of car detailing and the black arts,could anyone tell me how i can tell if the company that i am going to hand my car over to is of a good standard ,apart from when they hand my car back to me.Which may or may not be a pleasant supprise.Here is there company name if anyone has used them could you please let me know how good or not so good they were and what i should be looking out for from a pro car detailers and may be how i can tell the good from the bad or ugly.
theultimatefinish.co.uk

Check out this website out: http://www.juicydetailing.co.uk/

G
oes by the name of "Juicy Jen" on the Forum if I recall correctly. The website is very helpful and informative and she has valuable knowledge on everything detailing from the posts I've seen on here. I'm sure she'd answer any of your questions :)

I would make sure they have the proper insurances etc, your handing over your pride and joy you want make sure they are insured to repair it if they damage it!

Hi there guys,got my brilliant red s3 black edition sportback yesterday and havin never heard of car detailing and the black arts,could anyone tell me how i can tell if the company that i am going to hand my car over to is of a good standard ,apart from when they hand my car back to me.Which may or may not be a pleasant supprise.Here is there company name if anyone has used them could you please let me know how good or not so good they were and what i should be looking out for from a pro car detailers and may be how i can tell the good from the bad or ugly.
theultimatefinish.co.uk
first things first where are you located buddy as most of us detailer's are willing to travel to a degree , we are based in south wales but am willing to travel within reason of course , i own a brilliant red audi too they do look stunning when done properly
some pics for you of what brilliant red looks like freshly detailed :
23062011820.jpg

23062011828.jpg

23062011832.jpg

23062011840.jpg

first things first where are you located buddy as most of us detailer's are willing to travel to a degree , we are based in south wales but am willing to travel within reason of course , i own a brilliant red audi too they do look stunning when done properly
some pics for you of what brilliant red looks like freshly detailed :
23062011820.jpg

23062011828.jpg

23062011832.jpg

23062011840.jpg
[/QUOTE

Looking awesome Fran.

Hi there fran and Sandra i am in the Kent area mate which would be a bit of a slap for you.the pictures look stunning.
My face is still stuck in the grinning position from taking the car out last night,i think the wife may have had to change her underwear when we got back home ,this car is defo a tool mate 'Red Rockets' all the way

thank you sandra she doesn't look that shiny at the min she is stinking :( can't wait for some better weather , ah the joys of winter eh lol

Good weather wont be long Fran.

Hi there fran and Sandra i am in the Kent area mate which would be a bit of a slap for you.the pictures look stunning.
My face is still stuck in the grinning position from taking the car out last night,i think the wife may have had to change her underwear when we got back home ,this car is defo a tool mate 'Red Rockets' all the way
ah yeah that is a bit too far for us tbh I'm sure you will find someone down your end tho plenty of us about , haha i bet mate would love one myself , one day i will get one lol , yeah man need to be more red cars on the roads they died out a bit all black and silver cars everywhere but the loud colours are coming back slowly I've noticed around by me so its all good

Good weather wont be long Fran.
yeah i know can't wait to get her looking her best again i haven't even washed her in like 2 weeks she is feeling very sorry for herself at the mo haha roll on next years show season gonna be promoting PRD at loads of car shows can't wait plus something big is coming early next year too for PRD but I'm sworn to secrecy so can't say anything :)

Where abouts in kent are you mate? I was eyeing up a nice red sb coming down the A2/M2 earlier. Not really sure of anyone else near me apart from kds that i posted above, but i'm sure there must be someone. I just bought my own DA polisher and a few bits and follow the tips and advice from on here. My paints not immaculate but it's normally shiny.

And Sandra with being in scotland, surely you'll be having plenty of snow before the sunshine makes an appearance?:cold:

Ya you know that ,i was told that red cars have a problem with fading paint .which i can't believe ,anyway the guy was diving an astra .
Red is the new Black ,black cars look cool the day you clean them but the next day you have to start all over again.And silver is very concervative,my last car was silver and you just seem to blend in with the rest,so happy days and roll on the summer

Ya you know that ,i was told that red cars have a problem with fading paint .which i can't believe ,anyway the guy was diving an astra .
Red is the new Black ,black cars look cool the day you clean them but the next day you have to start all over again.And silver is very concervative,my last car was silver and you just seem to blend in with the rest,so happy days and roll on the summer
on a vauxhall i would say yes it WILL fade because they don't laquer there paint its just the colour but on loads of other cars they are lacquered so won't fade i would be very suprised if they do fade mine hasn't even after 98,000 miles but i do take good car of it but thats not the point modern paints are a lot better than the old days , honestly how many red cars do you see with faded paint nowadays not a lot at all only with certain manufactures there paint fade , german paint is quality paint

Don't want to be to detailed of where abouts willow you know careless talk and all that,but if you see me i have the panaramic sun roof which i was told is not very common on a s3 ,hope thats not trying to tell me something about the sunroof.all i can say is what a car not chavi but classy what a tool.

Thank you for putting my mind at rest Fran ,what should i be looking out for in a local detailer mate ,what questions should i be asking ,on an earlier reply someone said ask about there insurance .

Don't want to be to detailed of where abouts willow you know careless talk and all that,but if you see me i have the panaramic sun roof which i was told is not very common on a s3 ,hope thats not trying to tell me something about the sunroof.all i can say is what a car not chavi but classy what a tool.
I understand mate. I'll keep my eye on the roof if I see a red SB black edition. I'll be the red 3 door 3.2, with the double grill and stupid grin! Wouldn't mind a go in an S3, see how it compares to the V6. They both seem to have their own fans on here.

Thank you for putting my mind at rest Fran ,what should i be looking out for in a local detailer mate ,what questions should i be asking ,on an earlier reply someone said ask about there insurance .
no problems mate red cars don't fade anymore like they used too i wouldn't have bought one if i didn't have confidence in it lol , yeah they should have insurance that covers accidental damage like if they burn your paint and they have to get it repaired sort of thing and of course if they have to drive your car then they would have to be insured anyway , things like what sort of products they use if they use cheap products like autoglym or halfords stuff then steer clear of them , we use stuff like dodo juice/zaino/chemical guys/race glaze etc...they can do more damage than good also ask to see some of there previous work either photo's or of a car/s they are doing at the moment just so you know what there work is like , a typical detail of a car for full correction etc.. can take anything up to 3 or 4 days maybe longer all depends on the car so make sure they give you the price before hand so they don't sting you with extra " costs"

Check out this website out: http://www.juicydetailing.co.uk/

G
oes by the name of "Juicy Jen" on the Forum if I recall correctly. The website is very helpful and informative and she has valuable knowledge on everything detailing from the posts I've seen on here. I'm sure she'd answer any of your questions :)

Sorry Andy I clicked the dislike by accident! I don't mean it but can't see where to remove it :crying: thank you very much for your post

As for a good detailer in the Kent area as well as KDS which is an excellent company, you might want to look up Mark Elsworth from Heavenly Detailing....again a very good detailer and will travel :)

I'm always here to help, if you get nowhere with the above then I know somebody else that could detail the car and would be more than likely cheaper than which is not to say their work is bad but they do not do it on a professional level ie full time

Thank you Jen i will look them both up ,the car its self does'nt look bad,but there again i am looking at it without an alternative next to it ,to compare.So at what level of detailing should i be looking at to start with as i have seen prices start at £275ish up to £1700ish.What i am trying to ask is what is good starting level

Thank you Jen i will look them both up ,the car its self does'nt look bad,but there again i am looking at it without an alternative next to it ,to compare.So at what level of detailing should i be looking at to start with as i have seen prices start at £275ish up to £1700ish.What i am trying to ask is what is good starting level

As Fran mentioned it's difficult to give you a specific figure as everybody has a different charging strategy. I know marc charges £375 a day and on something like an Audi with hard paint your probably talking 2days if not more depending on current condition. Also it can depend on what last stage protection you want to go for ie. the wax or sealant.

Waxes to stock can vary in prices vastly from £30 upwards, for example we stock Kore from Chemcial guys which is £1500 retail so as you can imagine the charges are done accordingly.

Speak to a few companies and if your still not sure pop a thread up in the detailing section to get some independent views from either people that have had their cars already done and other detailers that are online.....I know that this does not give you a definite answer but hopefully help a little

Last edited:
www.gleammachine.net
Just came across this fella while scouring through some old detailing threads. Looks good, reasonable prices, and only in essex. Make sure if you go ahead and get it done you post a thread about it whoever does it. It's nice to know who's out there and what kind of work they're doing.

Hi there willow i think i will go with Jens choice of KDS i think i have checked there site out and looked at some of there work on there site,so i will go with what Jen has said it sounds a safe way to have it done when the people who are doing the work are recommend to you.
Willow with salt starting to be layed on the roads when do you think the best time to have it done is?

Probably the sooner the better mate if you don't know what's been done before. I know my cars literally filthy after a couple of days at the moment. Kds look awesome mate, apparently his blue m3 is a work of art. On the detailing forum there's a thread about wet sanding by russzs where he done a course at kds, you should give it a look the finish is unreal.

Ya will do mate they look the nuts and down your neck of the woods ,will give them a ring next week and get the S.P on booking her in and what they think i should have done to see her through all the salt and sh-t

Good choice and you have to look at the m3! It's amazing completely wet sanded and a lovely colour. Kelly will get you sorted out and it will look stunning :)

Hi there Jen had a look on your web site as well and have to say the black s3 you sorted out looked fantastic after you had worked your magic on it ,i could not believe how well she looked when you were done
Good choice and you have to look at the m3! It's amazing completely wet sanded and a lovely colour. Kelly will get you sorted out and it will look stunning :)