170PD Injector Recall

grantDUBshaw

Reaction score
My car went into Audi to have my injectors and wiring replaced.. as most of you have probly had it done i was just wondering if anyone has noticed a difference.. Plus if anyone had a remap before they were replaced have they noticed a difference?

My car seems alot slower like the remap doesnt exist anymore but was just wondering everyone else's experiances and whether i need to go and get it mapped again.

Also is it possible to have your car checked to see if it has still got a remap programmed or not??

Cheers
Grant

Hi grant,

Chances are mate, that when they changed your injectors, they also carried out a software update, which in turn, writes over your ecu, therefore deleting your map. This seems the case as you said the car feels a lot slower.
If you know where your car was mapped then take it back to them and they should be able to put to remap it for a small fee.
Bare in mind it will probably be new remap settings as they will tweak it according to the new software settings implied by Audi.

Hope this is of help mate.

Ahh right okay mate, im not sure where it was remapped but is there anyway that someone would be able to tell by reading the ecu?? I dont know if the car has got slower or ive got used to it, but i have a feeling its not as quick as it was before it went into audi.

Its really annoying me now, and i dont wanna get it remapped again then it either eff the car up or be a waste of money because there is no difference.

Any ideas? Cheers for the reply mate

Grant

You could go to a tuning company and get them to put it on their rolling road to see the power outputs. That normally cost about 25 quid!

Do you know of anywhere matey? im located in birmingham :) if you do.. would be a very big help

Cheers

I'm sorry, mI'm not local to birmingham, so don't know any local places. AMD (one of this site sponsers) have places all over, and are very good. They may have a place near you.

Had mine done just before Christmas and seems they didn't see/ignored the remap and dpf delete. Am getting a little more hesitation from the s-tronic now under harder acceleration so looks like a trip back for me!

That makes 2 of us, i really need to get it rolling roaded so can check what bhp and torque its got, soon find out if audi have reset/updated the ecu.. :/

Any good rolling road anyone knows off around halesowen, please let me know :)

Cheers for the replys lads..