EM TuningJMB Retrofits
    2nd Gear

Status

RNSE Install Antenna Question

Hi,

I'm in the middle of fitting my new RNSE But when I installed just the GPS my radio reception was poor. To install the GPS, I have had to unplug the two antenna connectors from the back of the radio. Is there any way I can fit the GPS and the antenna together?
    Picked up on the 30th May!

2013 '13' Plate - Audi TT 1.8 TFSI S Line Roadster | Ibis White | Xenon Headlights with LED DRL | Half Leather/Suede with Silver Stitching | Brushed Aluminium Trim

Gone but won't be forgotten! 2011 '11' Plate - Audi A3 1.4 TFSI S Line | Ibis White | Privacy Glass | iPod Dock | Xenon Headlights with LED DRL | Half Leather with Silver Stitching | Brushed Aluminium Trim | S3 Pedals

2. # ADS
    ADS

Meow.

Status
    GPS goes into a plug on the top of the unit(blue iirc), the radio is the 2 at the bottom!

Meow.

Status
    Blue one to the right of the fan:

2nd Gear

Status
    Ahh gotcha! Haha thanks

2013 '13' Plate - Audi TT 1.8 TFSI S Line Roadster | Ibis White | Xenon Headlights with LED DRL | Half Leather/Suede with Silver Stitching | Brushed Aluminium Trim

Gone but won't be forgotten! 2011 '11' Plate - Audi A3 1.4 TFSI S Line | Ibis White | Privacy Glass | iPod Dock | Xenon Headlights with LED DRL | Half Leather with Silver Stitching | Brushed Aluminium Trim | S3 Pedals

2nd Gear

Status
    Just another question!

After taking me ages to work out how to use the unit, I finally find out that i'm meant to position myself on the map?

I've managed to do this, however when I drive it seems to go ok, then all of a sudden ends up in a field? Is this related to my GPS signal, as I have installed it just under the two airvents

3rd Gear

Status
    how many sats are you picking up ?
    A4 (b6) 2.5 TDi QS Saloon.

2nd Gear

Status
    1-3 I think?

North East Forum Moderator

Status
    Stick it on top of the glove box, thats where I always stick them without any problems.

Website | Facebook | Audi TT 2.0TDI 170 Quattro

3rd Gear

Status
    go to nav screen, press "nav info" scroll up, should show how many sats received
    A4 (b6) 2.5 TDi QS Saloon.

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jb0o View Post
    Stick it on top of the glove box, thats where I always stick them without any problems.
    Ok thanks for that, I'll give it a try

Advanced In Car Technologies

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Cruiser89 On Twitter Add Cruiser89 on Facebook Visit Cruiser89's Youtube Channel Visit Cruiser89's Instagram Channel
    Okkkk. After doing countless installs of an RNSe, the best place by far is on top of the vent system.

With the unit out, follow the top plastic in the hole, you will then find a gap to the left or right, once you've doin it you can then just push through a little further and you will feel a ledge. I always place them on there. I usually expect to see 7-9 sats depending on where I am.

In regard to going off position, this is normal on first install. The RNSe has to calibrate itself. Should be ok after the first 5-10 miles.

Hope that helps.