Invest or Upgrade : Your advice please

J_V_DUB

Reaction score
Hello chaps,

Am after some advice really about my A3. I've had it for about 7 months, it is a comfortable car and I absolutely love it however, it is a 04 plate 2.0FSI so it doesn't have much pulling power, the interior is all cloth and really basic, the functionality is minimal and tbh my missus T reg golf has more function on it's DIS. So now to make this change (without doing anything about the power as that would cost a fortune) I would probably need to spend in the region of £4-5k plus I would want a full respray so another £2k.

On another hand I can part ex my car against a nice 08 plate 2.0TFSI S-Line with full leather, DSG etc etc and in the color I want (Ibis White) and would probably end up paying about £7k for it but my missus would kille me because we're getting married in August so she wants all the money to go towards the wedding.

Would you stick with the current car and mod it or just go and part ex it??? If you would oart ex do you think it reasonable to wait for the new A3 to be announced so the 8p comes down in price hopefully...

So confused

Stick with the current car and do some cheap mods till the wedding is past. This gives you time to consider the option of changing it later on. That way you may have the chance on saving some cash and keep in the good book with the missus. Sorted.

keep yours i had the same dilema saving for house should have enough by aug could have got an s3 8p3 but would be living at home for another 5 years ( not cool) mines paid for just keep yours save money on fule also.

TBH money spent on the 04 is money down the plug. You need to at least start off with something you are going to want to keep so you need that TFSI engine.
Buy it as wedding present to yourself from the Mrs but dont tell here till it arrives. This will double check that A/ you are marrying the right woman B/She is marrying the right bloke. Simples :)

Done the same m8 had the 2.0 as all i could afford at the time few month later 2.0 sold 2.0t quattro brought and oooo boy was it worth it no point tuning the 2.0 too much hassel as i looked into that aswel u deffo need the turbo to get the gains m8.But as said above does cost more to run not a massive amount i think i lost about 30-40 miles per tank but it does put a smile on ya face well now its remapped stg 1

get a new car when you have married your gal its a expensive thing to do so its all about priorities mate you can always get a car at a later date