Speed Warning Sender

muskoka

Reaction score
Why does the speed warning work on the true speed and the speedometer work on 10% over the true speed you would have thought both would have come from the same sender

If anyone can explain of what practical use this little gizmo is,I'd be intrigued.
I had it for three years in my A4 and could find little practical use for it at all.

You set it,it beeps,you look at the speedo and slow down,you let your speed creep up again,it beeps,you slow down etc.etc.etc.

A constant cycle of beeping,and looking at the speedo.

You're as well just keeping an eye on the speedo in the first place !

Helps when you really shouldn't be speeding due to a pending court case, and your tempted to chase a car on the fast lane of a motorway.

I have a wife that looks across at the speedo.
She's far more effective than a little beep... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif

Theres speed warning 1 which is set as described above (it resets itself when you turn the ignition off as well!)

And theres speed warning 2 which is set through the DIS menu - press and release the DIS reset button on the stalk and the menu apears and you can goto the menu and set the speed 2 through that.

I did set my speed warning 2 but it drove me nuts every time it went off, I had the car binging at me my road angel binging at me... It's enough binging to drive you to distraction!

J.