What is the worst mod you have ever seen

MTRL

Split Grill!
Reaction score
I was just having a browse on facebook and came across a set of photos of someones 8P1 that had been modded and made me sick in my own mouth a bit. It was upsetting to see what could be done if a set of audi keys and a paypal account fall into the wrong hands.

Would be interesting to see if anybody else had come across any shockers, not just on A3's but anywhere.

So, what is the worst mod you have seen/heard of?

I was just having a browse on facebook and came across a set of photos of someones 8P1 that had been modded and made me sick in my own mouth a bit. It was upsetting to see what could be done if a set of audi keys and a paypal account fall into the wrong hands.

Would be interesting to see if anybody else had come across any shockers, not just on A3's but anywhere.

So, what is the worst mod you have seen/heard of?

You need to get them pictures up.

314559_262784117107929_262772120442462_806799_360720307_n.jpg

308325_262783277108013_262772120442462_806782_1314142194_n.jpg

314678_266070776779263_262772120442462_815099_1841018689_n.jpg

374067_266071773445830_262772120442462_815100_1399720192_n.jpg

383136_266070730112601_262772120442462_815098_124702259_n.jpg

Someone on here one carpeted their engine bay plastics in blue carpet.

IMG168.jpg

IMG167.jpg

Thought it was a wind up at first (has to be a fire risk as well as a colour clash!). Each to their own, but not my cup of tea at all. LINK TO FULL THREAD

That followed by those plastic things that people fit to front windows to deflect wind. Big on Focus RS's, look like Christmas cracker toys on a decent Audi!

Last edited:
Reactions: aga54321 and Christer
warren_cox said:
followed by those plastic things that people fit to front windows to deflect wind. Big on Focus RS's, look like Christmas cracker toys on a decent Audi!
that blue carpet is awful why o why?

Don't tell the 8L boys that, they love theirs. Lol
I like them aswel.
there a 8P couple houses up with them and they look really nice and subtle.
the bonnet does not match the grill thou.

Don't tell the 8L boys that, they love theirs. Lol
I like them aswel.
there a 8P couple houses up with them and they look really nice and subtle.
the bonnet does not match the grill thou.

:ninja:

Please tell me they do something useful. That said, I am old and as Ive seen these things do the rounds first time round a la Panama cigar adds with Carlos Fandango wheels maybe this kind of mod scarred me in my childhood!

:ninja:

Please tell me they do something useful. That said, I am old and as Ive seen these things do the rounds first time round a la Panama cigar adds with Carlos Fandango wheels maybe this kind of mod scarred me in my childhood!

Who?

The massive over sized ones are awful.

Something useful, they stop water from running off the roof and on to your drivers arm or switch pods when the windows are open and having the windows open with out having a face full of wind.
Well, thats the reasons I want them.

Here is this 8P up road. They really don't look that bad.
IMAG0120.jpg

Someone on here one carpeted their engine bay plastics in blue carpet.

IMG168.jpg

IMG167.jpg

Thought it was a wind up at first (has to be a fire risk as well as a colour clash!). Each to their own, but not my cup of tea at all. LINK TO FULL THREAD

That followed by those plastic things that people fit to front windows to deflect wind. Big on Focus RS's, look like Christmas cracker toys on a decent Audi!
hahahahahahahaha i remember that thread was some good reading lots of us were really winding the owner up a lot LMFAO , thanks for posting warren i totally forgot about that thread

Reactions: Christer
IMAG0120.jpg

Someone hasn't changed their bonnet after the full grille conversion that looks bad enough with those gaps.

They look better on black car, I love the A3 shower in the mornings!

pulled up at the lights next to a calibra in the summer, was in my jeep with the roof off and my eight year old in the front, calibra had everything you can think off from the halfords catalogue stuck to it.....badly,

well my lads sat there looking at it, when the guy clocks him checking it out and grins....then jack says at the top of his voice "hey dad, why has he pooped his ride":whistle2:

the lights changed and i thought it would be rude not to floor it

well he rolls up at the next lights a few seconds behind and jack says " should have spent his money on a decent engine dad"

bloke hears him and the winds his window up, lights then took ages to change, i nearly died laughing as he died of embarassment
:undwech:

Reactions: tugaprince and FranA3
today on the way home from my sisters house i saw a A4 with a front grill full of chrome slats (the aftermarket stick on ones) it didn't look nice at all because some of them were wonky and one missing lol

any one who puts an s3 badge on a non s3

Reactions: vivalacoulter, S3TURBS, JMerrie and 1 other person
pulled up at the lights next to a calibra in the summer, was in my jeep with the roof off and my eight year old in the front, calibra had everything you can think off from the halfords catalogue stuck to it.....badly,

well my lads sat there looking at it, when the guy clocks him checking it out and grins....then jack says at the top of his voice "hey dad, why has he pooped his ride":whistle2:

the lights changed and i thought it would be rude not to floor it

well he rolls up at the next lights a few seconds behind and jack says " should have spent his money on a decent engine dad"

bloke hears him and the winds his window up, lights then took ages to change, i nearly died laughing as he died of embarassment
:undwech:
hahahaa thats awesome

Just read that carpet covered engine bay thread :lmfao:

Amazing!

Everyone should read it

Been on this forum for a while now, 1st eva post as i only use the site for info purpose as i feel the majority of ppl are up each others ****...... Yeh ppl should read the guys post about doin his engine bay up, at the end of the day it might not be 2 everyones taste but hes making an effort 2 do summet different, modding is about doing something for yourself n not following the "norm"...

Yes and the majority of people said the same thing in the thread......not keen but it is each to their own, which is true.

Just read the thread and have a giggle at the banter.....or dont.

Been on this forum for a while now, 1st eva post as i only use the site for info purpose as i feel the majority of ppl are up each others ****...... Yeh ppl should read the guys post about doin his engine bay up, at the end of the day it might not be 2 everyones taste but hes making an effort 2 do summet different, modding is about doing something for yourself n not following the "norm"...

21 Months to post some negative generalisation of of bunch of guys you have never met, in some form of `text speak` gobbledygook.
Thanks for the contribution to the site.

Merry Xmas

Reactions: Andy Crooks

Genius mate, great insight thank you. Hope the 21 months of stuff you've found useful have inspired you like you have us.

Reactions: JMerrie and Rogue-24-84
I shouldn't laugh but that engine bay haberdashery was truly ghastly. It just needed some zips, buttons and sequins to make it "special"

Ooh! Subject touched a nerve has it? Everybody likes people thinking outside the box and trying new things, or we'd all drive brown allegros. everyone also likes a bit of friendly banter. Embrace it or go back to watching! We'll all just carry on either way.

Unless you are like the rest and you're fishing for a reaction?

Reactions: hendry10
Might be worth checking some IP addresses later....

Seriously....carpeting the engine bay?

It may be some sort of cosmetic fetish but it's not a real modification.

Does it improve the performance.....No.

Does it improve the handling or any other aspect of the car.....No.

Is it "indervidjewell".....well yes,it's certainly that.

I could always try and translate....

Fo shizzle dat ride lookin well broken.

Carpetin da motah dats all wrong innit.

Safe.

Maybe you should read the OP mate, he asked what peoples thoughts were, and well, I guess everyone is giving there honest thought.
At the end of the day it is what he likes that counts!

Have you never had banter mate? Seriously, get with it!

And as this being your first post and a negative one at that, you may have just shot yourself in the foot for any future help you may need by all these great lads and girls on here!

I would say 99% of us here have never met, but we all take banter and criticism on the chin. " No one is up anyone's ****"!!
Maybe you know the fella with the carpet, or it may even be you, but as all said, it is Only banter!

Just take a chill pill fella and enjoy the humour. No offence is meant by any of this to anyone!

hahahaa its only fricking banter dude if you take offence to it then there are plenty of other forums, on audi-sport.net we may criticise we may joke but at the end of the day we are ALL friends , I've been on here a long time I've had loads of people criticising my car for various things but i don't take it to heart if i did then i would have quit a long time ago but I've made some good (virtual) friends on here and i can't fault them , at the and of the day if you don't like it then don't come on here end of really , oh and on a side note we speak ENGLISH on here NO text talk at alllll
end of rant
fran

Sorry Fran, clicked dislike by mistake, don't have a pop at me, I may take it the wrong way, lol!

Your comments for a 1st post are not impressive at all. All the guys and girls on here freely give us all access to there vast knowledge and
Experience and there is always lots of banter going on, thats what makes this a really good forum. You have said yourself that you have
viewed the site for info, least you could do when posting is be nice and not say that the majority are up each others a**e. that is so not
true. Where else can you get access to so much Audi info all in one place and free of charge? All the moderators and staff give there spare
time freely and the members are all willing to help others out.

Last edited:
Reactions: Danman1, hartey, Brodster and 2 others
It's likely he is just trying to ruin my thourghly excelent thread of terrible modifications by posting a brainless comment for us to feed on.
So lets not get distracted, that is exactlly what the terrorists want.

car-fail.jpg

I agree, it is an excellent thread. Sorry i had a rant, but there was no need for his comments tbh.

I agree, it is an excellent thread. Sorry i had a rant, but there was no need for his comments tbh.
there is no need to apologise sandra you were quite within your rights to same as me I'm not sorry i had a rant it was deserved i think but anyway back to the shocking mods , i think led drl's are getting more and more popular by the day i see them all the time and just laugh while pointing so the owner knows I'm laughing at them hehe

Reactions: TimJK
remember this little gem?

audi_exhaust_tip.jpg

That carpeted engine bay is fairly horrendous too

Reactions: R90 STL