Chris NottAH Fabrications
    Reverse Gear

Status

Black s3 paintwork help!!

Good evening everyone,

I have a black s3 and I was just wondering if any can help me, I have massive swirl marks around the whole car and it really badly bugs me, is there anything out there that can remove these marks or can anyone recommend anywhere good to take it?

Thanking you in advance and hope you all have a merry Christmas!

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    unless you know anything about car detailing i would take it to a car detailers and let them sort it mate ,go on line and have a look

Reverse Gear

Status
    Cheers mate in all honesty I know nothing about car detailing you know how much roughly is would cost to get done?

Neutral

Status
    i have looked at a local detailer local to me and they start at £275 and they are on face book with example of there work and there is an s3 on there with the same problem before and after pictures .The £275 is for set work to be done so you really need to phone and ask,

MPG the new BPH

Status
    or buy a dual action polisher and some polishes. see the deatling section loads of examples posted by the polised bliss peeps you will see exactly waht someone can do with the right knowlage and tools.

2009 (58) plate audi A3 Sline 2.0TDI, DRL's with washers, Half Leather / Alcantara, I Pod Aux, 15% tints / EM tuning L.E.D. interior upgrade, fully machine corrected!

4th Gear

Status
    Check out polished bliss website, car care advice.

I have black paint with swirls like you, Audi paint is notoriously hard and hand polishing is virtually impossible.

Quote from their website;

Being brutally honest, you have almost no chance of correcting swirl marks and light to moderate defects (fine scratches and etching) on your car by hand. The best you could hope to achieve making multiple attempts per panel with a light compound like Menzerna Power Finish (203S) in conjunction with Lake Country Light Cut Hand Pads is around 50% correction, and even this would require a huge amount of time and effort to achieve. Therefore, our advice is to consider alternative options such as glazing, machine polishing or using the services of a professional detailer. Layering filler heavy glazes such as R222 Gloss Enhancing Paintwork Cleanser or Poorboy's Black Hole Glaze with Meguiar's Microfibre Applicator Pads can give the illusion of a reasonable level of paint correction for relatively little effort, and this effect will usually last for between three to six months at a time if a good quality last step product is used regularly to protect the resulting finish. Investing in a machine polisher makes more sense if a high standard of permanent correction is desired, but considerably more time and money will have to be invested in both products and the learning of new techniques. For those enthusiasts desiring a high level of correction but not wishing to entertain the idea of machine polishing their own paint, using the services of a professional detailer to get the paint back up to standard can be an equally cost effective way forward.

I use Poor Boys Black Hole. It really does work.
    2006 A3 3.2 DSG
    Quattro S-Line
    Phantom black pearl
    V Maxx plus coilovers
    Speedlines- anthricite
    MY11 rear lights
    MK2 TT Vents
    Various LED's
    MK2 RNSE
    LaminX on fogs

For Sale Genuine Audi phone cradle (iPhone 4S/4)