MY11 A3 Radio Mute when in reverse

marksolesbury

Reaction score
Evening

My Mrs has just picked up a MY11 Seat Ibiza.

When its in reverse, the radio goes to about 10% volume so the parking sensors can be heard.

Is this possible on the A3?

Seems a neat touch, and I always forget to turn the radio down when reversing - One dayill hit something!

Mine does this already, but only when fairly loud.

Hmm - Mine certainly doent do this, and the stero is normally up at about 3/4

perhaps its an S3 feature?

lol your prob throw in reverse when your fave song comes on.. dammm it

mine has adjustable volume & tone pitch, have it quite low as my baby is usually sleeping. I think the audio attenuates when reverse is selected.

Its perhaps only on the newer PDC modules. I can only adjust mine using VCDS wheres newer ones can be altered in the DIS display & im guessing 2010-ish on maybe mutes the audio system.

On my 61 plate it is adjustable by DIS and VAG.

I think it mutes if you have both and front.

I'm thinking of tapping into my phone mute on the back of the RNSe as it doesn't quiten the radio enough for my liking.

Yeah, seems strange doesnt it. I have control over the pitch etc in the DIS, but not mute with radio.

Hmm - Mine certainly doent do this, and the stero is normally up at about 3/4

perhaps its an S3 feature?

My S3 doesn't have this feature but when it went in for a service i got a A4 (61plate) that did it and forever since have wanted mine to do it. Hate having to mute it myself when reversing, just a royal pain! Plus the A4 i could also mute it on the steering wheel by pressing the volume button in, doesn't do that on my s3 either. I have to scroll down the volume button until there's no sound. If all this can be done on my S3 (56plate) that would be awesome! Anyone?

My S3 does this, its about 50% mute in reverse. Nige was looking into a way of doing this with earlier cars. I'm pretty sure this is a MY11 addition.

you guys with your sensors, dont you bother with your mirrors and looking out your back window anymore? :/

I haven't done this - but in theory using a canbus interface connected to the phone mute could work. The connects2 has an output for reverse selected - would need to check what it is though (Earth, +ve or something else!) and see if that's compatible with the mute pin.

Downside might be "Phone" appearing in the display (I don't know what the std HU does as I took it out).