Stolen

Lems3

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I've not been on here all that much but am leaving due to my S3 getting stolen and unfortunately its just not worth replacing it with another one just for it to get it stolen again. Apparently there is a big market for high end Audis overseas at the minute. I only had the joy of owning the car for 3 months and had covered only 3000 enjoyable miles in it before we got our house broken into, the keys pinched and the car taken, nothing else was touched thankfully. It was my first new car and specc'ed out really nice, with the DSG box and panoramic roof along with a handful of other extras, so someone has got themselves a very nice car. I didn't even get a chance to get any photos of it.

I wish i'd had a chance to meet up with some on you on here when i did the few upgrades i wanted to do on it. It just wasn't meant to be.

Best wishes to you all.

No way! Absolutely gutted for you mate, cant imagine the anger you must be feeling let alone the invasion of privacy from ****ing scumbags who do nothing but ruin society.

not another one ah man that sucks mate , it happens so much nowadays it makes me sick , but at least they didn't threaten you or your family for the keys or anything thats the main thing , hope the people who do this kind of thing get caught and thrown in jail for a long time

Scumbags.

Trouble is,even when they get caught they get community service or some other softy sort of "punishment"
when it should be some decent jail time in a proper jail.

That's terrible mate, just pleased you weren't hurt in the process.

All those fake S3 TDi's being made up and sold of on FleaBay at the moment aren't going to build themselves with the price of over the counter Audi spare parts.

Hope whatever you buy next doesn't cause you similar issues, buy wisely.

If I said what I thought of the people who've done this I'd probably end up with more repurcussions that if they were caught and charged. But whilst the feckless lawless untouchables of Britain are given free range to abuse those who pull their weight in society this will only ever get worse.

Last edited:
I hope someone chops each one of the fingers and toes off, then move onto chopping what's left of their hands and feet off, then slit their throats and leave them to die a slow and painful death.

TWATS.

That's terrible mate, just pleased you weren't hurt in the process.

All those fake S3 TDi's being made up and sold of on FleaBay at the moment aren't going to build themselves with the price of over the counter Audi spare parts.

Correct! It's obvious what's going on, nick the S3, break the car sell the parts, resulting in a TDI S3 being ragged around Bradford.

Upsetting and annoying. Assume insurance and GAP etc have paid out so i wouldn't let some scumbag put me off owning what I want. A lot of the crimes seem to happen in the Manchester area - same gang ?

I leave the keys on the stairs so the family are safe if they come looking and being a huge fan of baseball a trophy by my bed !

Sorry to hear your bad news but don't let them win, next time perhaps a tracker as well.

Reactions: jsws3
Sorry to hear matey :( Hope the fockers are caught ..!! All the best.

Reactions: Lems3
I dont leave my keys anywhere they can be found !! i want the guy that breaks in to know its going to be me against him and if i see him first i will shoot him right between the eyes. Never more was the phrase...do you feel lucky punk more applicable..

Upsetting and annoying. Assume insurance and GAP etc have paid out so i wouldn't let some scumbag put me off owning what I want. A lot of the crimes seem to happen in the Manchester area - same gang ?

I leave the keys on the stairs so the family are safe if they come looking and being a huge fan of baseball a trophy by my bed !

Sorry to hear your bad news but don't let them win, next time perhaps a tracker as well.

Reactions: FranA3
All changes once you the kids in the house though, I think if they are keen enough to come up stairs who knows what they would do, on the other hand they would have to be efficient at negotiating stair gates etc, they are a deterrant in themselves LOL !!

It's only a lump of metal so welcome to the car if that keen but threatening the family is a totally different thing, at least the OP is fit and healthy and free to choose what he next spends his money on.

I hate thieves.

Reactions: Lems3
i find the 4 footed security animal that sleeps in the hallway is usually a good safety measure.

i am really sorry i feel you pain dude. :slapped: they deserve to be killed

One word... HATERS (Having Anger Towards Everyone Reaching Success).

I feel your pain. Ive just bought an 2008 A3 tdi SB after having my 2006 R32 Golf stolen after breaking into my house for the keys. I too will always leave my keys downstairs, just dont want them going into one of my kids bedrooms looking for them.

My car was last seen in Bradford.......three weeks later a geezer is advertising an accident repaired R32, same colour with my wheels on it. I know there my wheels cos i had em imported from Germany and made to that spec. His car is now in the police compound in Halifax being looked at by stolen car unit to see if any other bits are mine, not that they are traceable (are they???)

This same bloke was selling the "repaired" car two weeks before mine was stolen with front accident damage.......then its repaired......go figure !

Sorry to hear about this mate, heart wrenching

with a car of that calibre these scummers have more than likely parked it somewhere not to far away to see if it has tracker, after a few days they'll come back to it

might be worth a scout around with some friends

did your car have much fuel in it?

I feel your pain. Ive just bought an 2008 A3 tdi SB after having my 2006 R32 Golf stolen after breaking into my house for the keys. I too will always leave my keys downstairs, just dont want them going into one of my kids bedrooms looking for them.

My car was last seen in Bradford.......three weeks later a geezer is advertising an accident repaired R32, same colour with my wheels on it. I know there my wheels cos i had em imported from Germany and made to that spec. His car is now in the police compound in Halifax being looked at by stolen car unit to see if any other bits are mine, not that they are traceable (are they???)

This same bloke was selling the "repaired" car two weeks before mine was stolen with front accident damage.......then its repaired......go figure !

I spoke to some one a while back who collected an ED30 trim in repsonse to an Ebay ad.
Upon arrival at the lock up was an S3 front end and various other VAG goodies, engines etc ready to go. It was obvious something wasnt right but I guess that is never apparent from a simple web ad.

He went on to say that the ED30 interior stayed advertised as available even though he had already bought it! Suggesting very strongly that these vermin will go and take cars to feed the demand, one ad, several ilegal sales, several innocent families and owners violated.

Disgusting how much mental anguish individuals have to endure just maintain a supply of desirable`used` parts.

Paul

Last edited:
I dont leave my keys anywhere they can be found !! i want the guy that breaks in to know its going to be me against him and if i see him first i will shoot him right between the eyes. Never more was the phrase...do you feel lucky punk more applicable..

Its only a piece of metal though mate. Bare in my mind they have already broken into your house and all they want is your car. They are not nice people and they have probably got weapons bigger than you've got, so is it really worth it. I left the keys on the stairs so thankfully they did not bother with the rest of the house, i'm glad i did now.

Only had just under a quarter of a tank. The car was stolen while we were on holiday, so it was missing for 4 days before anyone knew, and it hadn't been seen on ANPR since the last time i drove it.

Sorry to hear about this mate, heart wrenching

with a car of that calibre these scummers have more than likely parked it somewhere not to far away to see if it has tracker, after a few days they'll come back to it

might be worth a scout around with some friends

did your car have much fuel in it?

Its a sad world it really is. I didn't realise that the stolen car parts trade was so big. They thought with mine that it would have possibly been loaded onto a container and shipped overseas. The insurance company have done it as a total loss and have taken all the paperwork and spare keys from me so i won't see it again.

Was your insurance affected much by your claim? I have 9 years protected no claims and my insurance has trebled in price, ptotected must mean something else in the insurance world these days..

Its only a piece of metal though mate. Bare in my mind they have already broken into your house and all they want is your car. They are not nice people and they have probably got weapons bigger than you've got, so is it really worth it. I left the keys on the stairs so thankfully they did not bother with the rest of the house, i'm glad i did now.

I have every sympathy mate and i understand but its a principle here It doesn't make any difference to me if its a £300 TV or a £30000 car...its mine not theirs.
If these people get to know that where ever there is a nice car in the drive the owners have left the keys for it on the stairs, as is becoming the case more and more they are more likely to break in and take the keys. If everyone for example kept keys in a time lock safe ( not practical i know) then the twats wouldnt break in and like wise if they really thought it might cost them some serious injury they might think twice as well.

Sorry but the more people leave keys out for burglars and the courts dish out community service the more it comes down to the few to make a stand. the alternative is eventual anarchy like we saw in the riots where people simply take things they want regardless and in some areas with cars thats already starting to happen. Next thing people will be moaning they cant get insurance in some areas as well.....and thats starting to happen too.

Oh and its a play on words..........your no claims is protected and you still get 60% but the basic premium is not protected.
I made a claim on protected no claims and the premium doubled. Only answer is to change insurance companies and they then dont count the claim when quoting the premium.

Oh and its a play on words..........your no claims is protected and you still get 60% but the basic premium is not protected.
I made a claim on protected no claims and the premium doubled. Only answer is to change insurance companies and they then dont count the claim when quoting the premium.

Its a little dodgy not disclosing a claim though. We have had to tell our house insurance even though we didn't claim on it that we had been broken in to. Yet another way to punish the law abiding..

I have every sympathy mate and i understand but its a principle here It doesn't make any difference to me if its a £300 TV or a £30000 car...its mine not theirs.
If these people get to know that where ever there is a nice car in the drive the owners have left the keys for it on the stairs, as is becoming the case more and more they are more likely to break in and take the keys. If everyone for example kept keys in a time lock safe ( not practical i know) then the twats wouldnt break in and like wise if they really thought it might cost them some serious injury they might think twice as well.

Sorry but the more people leave keys out for burglars and the courts dish out community service the more it comes down to the few to make a stand. the alternative is eventual anarchy like we saw in the riots where people simply take things they want regardless and in some areas with cars thats already starting to happen. Next thing people will be moaning they cant get insurance in some areas as well.....and thats starting to happen too.

Totally Paddy, you need to try to cut down on the chances of it happening to you thats for sure. But if they want the car or anything else you own for that matter they will just find another way of taking it. Was told by the police that cars been stolen when you park up outside your house is gettting more and more common to. These scumbags really have no morals and will do what ever they can to get those keys, and while the law is to lenient on these crimes it will only happen more and more unfortunatley. At the end of the day my family and their safety are my number 1 priority, so its going to have to be more subtle sensible cars from now on.

There's a nice shot weighted speaker stand with 2" spikes in our bedroom which usually holds a bedroom fan, but if I thought for a minute we were under attack it would be dropped down over the stair well onto said burglar as a starter for 10.

We live in a 3 storey townhouse and we've had a red care alarm installed that announces whenever any exterior door (inc. garage) is opened through a speaker in the hallway (even tells you which door / window has been opened so you know where they have entered through). Panic button in the bedroom.

I know it won't stop anyone getting in if they want to, but like Paddy I want every chance of ensuring parity rather than just offering an open invitation. I have no kids so the risk is vastly reduced.

I have no kids so the risk is vastly reduced.

Yet !! LOL :) The conversation will come one day soon and if like me all I could think was - No way I'm having a people carrier !!.

Wise words though, always be as prepared as possible and invest in a good security system. I do leave the keys on the stairs but not in sight until you climb the stairs, the house is alarmed and armed for downstairs movement plus we have outside lights on all night plus an additional security flood light on a motion sensor. If any thieves got this far they would be pretty determined so then its down to me to protect the family but as a last resort, unfortunately the law does little to protect the true victims of crime.

A real shame the OP has to be punished for his own success, Scumbags.

I put burglars, insurance companies, and traffic wardens all under one list....scummers

if I was lucky enough to have a new shape S3/RS3 I'd have tracker put on it

for the price of them i think it should be standard fit to any new car
random factory placement would make it alot harder for them to remove or even better if it was integrated as part of the car say sandwiched in the bulk head

Yet !! LOL :)

NEVER! They're great, but as long as they are someone else's!

I've not spend years eating microwaved food, trebor mints and cooking my man veg with a MacBook Pro to have my plan thwarted at the 12th hour! Silence is golden, and I have to put up with a cat as a compromise so that is my suffering taken car of. At least I have an S3 to **** about in once I'm out the house, and it has 3 doors, less shut lines, no Recaro baby seats and no 'Princess on board sticker' in the back window. BAH HUMBUG!

On another note, why is it in the last week every people carrier I've seen on the road makes an exit for the outside lane at any opportunity (overtaking or not)? Is it a last gasp attempt to convince themselves that as their S-Max have wheel arch vents and a Max badge on it they're not just glorified bus drivers? [/back on topic - Xmas rant over]

Last edited:
LOL! good for you Warren, they bring a lot pleasure but they also eat up your income, easy to enjoy other peoples and keep the car and lifestyle you want.

Happy Xmas I'm off to change a nappie :)

Was told by the police that cars been stolen when you park up outside your house is gettting more and more common to.

I was comparing car insurance quotes recently and found that if I stated that my car was on my driveway, it was more expensive than if I stated the car was parked on the street.
Apparently a driveway gives more protection/cover to scums to do their work, so insurance premiums now 'punish' you for parking off the road! :uhm:

Its a little dodgy not disclosing a claim though. We have had to tell our house insurance even though we didn't claim on it that we had been broken in to. Yet another way to punish the law abiding..

No you mis understand, you must tell them you made a claim but they dont count it if you tick protected no claims box if filling the form out on line...
My premium went from £350 to £700 with admiral with PNC so i moved to direct line, told them about the claim and they were not interested as i had PNC and quoted me £369 renewal..
To top that i then cancelled the insurance as i changed from the 3.2 to the S3,4 weeks later and got another quote from admiral and it was down to UNDER £350.

Bottom line is they only load the premium if you stay with them. Even going away for 4 weeks and returning is enough to bring it back down as a new customer again.
I would never not disclose all the detail with insurance or they will wriggle out of it if you ever claim.

NEVER! They're great, but as long as they are someone else's!

I've not spend years eating microwaved food, trebor mints and cooking my man veg with a MacBook Pro to have my plan thwarted at the 12th hour! Silence is golden, and I have to put up with a cat as a compromise so that is my suffering taken car of. At least I have an S3 to **** about in once I'm out the house, and it has 3 doors, less shut lines, no Recaro baby seats and no 'Princess on board sticker' in the back window. BAH HUMBUG!

On another note, why is it in the last week every people carrier I've seen on the road makes an exit for the outside lane at any opportunity (overtaking or not)? Is it a last gasp attempt to convince themselves that as their S-Max have wheel arch vents and a Max badge on it they're not just glorified bus drivers? [/back on topic - Xmas rant over]

No kids here mate :) I,m the only kid in my house and i fiercely protect that position :)
+ side is.....no need to work at present.....looking to buy a second property, no mortgages :) all the toys i could want :).....................lol