Beltronics RX65i Radar Detector

Mins

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I just wanted to know if anyone has the above unit (Beltronics RX65) or something similar? I picked up a brand new Euro version and so far it has been working fine. (Picking up police cars, emergency units etc.) My only quibble is that it is not detecting any Gatso's that I pass? I would have thought even if the Gatso's are off, they would still be transmitting a K-band frequency?

If anyone has any experiences with this type of unit (or anything similar) any advice would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Mins

Last edited:
The positioning of Gatso cameras has to be recorded for legal reasons and because of this have a GPS initial. They are best detected with sat nav type equipment with the appropriate software.

Not sure if they use k-band frequencies but surely, if they did, wouldn't that be directional and therefore not detectable until the camera was passed ?

Hi Mins,
If the Gatso camera is empty then it wont transmit any K band signal, if you want to double check you should be able to see the camera mounted in the "black" window on the box and a flasher unit installed in the "clear" window, most these days though are either empty or just have a dummy units that flashes mounted.
Dont forget any K band signal you get will only be a reflection signal from the camera as you approach it. Not sure how Radar detectors work through Audi heat reflective screens mind, haven't had my old Valentine out for years...might be worth a try.