Can an RNS-E with a Dension GW300 Display iPod Track Names/Play Lists?

worldofwebb

Reaction score
So for my first post and for sure, my first ribbing....go ahead...!

In my haste for Xmas, I have purchased a second hand RNS-E (Mk1) and had this fitted to my wifes A3 TDiQ (8P - 2007 Sportback), then I added the Dension Gateway 300 and an iPod classic thinking I would get the whole music libray in her car. I have succeeded, the library is in, however no track names or play lists come through on the RNS-E Head unit or DIS. Unlike my A8 with Dension GW500 - grrr!

Have I made a schoolboy error? Will this ever work? Should I have purchased a RNS-E Mk2? Or???

It is for sure, coded correctly, nav, telephone etc.

Advice appreciated
Many thanks

Dension can not display id tags for rnse, I used to swear it did but it doesn't

Last edited:
So for my first post and for sure, my first ribbing....go ahead...!

In my haste for Xmas, I have purchased a second hand RNS-E (Mk1) and had this fitted to my wifes A3 TDiQ (8P - 2007 Sportback), then I added the Dension Gateway 300 and an iPod classic thinking I would get the whole music libray in her car. I have succeeded, the library is in, however no track names or play lists come through on the RNS-E Head unit or DIS. Unlike my A8 with Dension GW500 - grrr!

Have I made a schoolboy error? Will this ever work? Should I have purchased a RNS-E Mk2? Or???

It is for sure, coded correctly, nav, telephone etc.

Advice appreciated
Many thanks

The RNSe cannot handle track info unless you use SD card or AMI/SD on the Mk2.

The GW 100 should display track info on the DIS... I have never installed a 300 so can't remember, but I don't think it does.

The GW500 is a whole different kettle of fish. It is for fibre optic based cars. It replicates a cd changer on the MMI system which can handle track names on any media source.

If you're 300 is not showing any info on DIS you need to activate Gateway mode and not iPod mode. If its on iPod mode you control through the iPod and will show info on the iPod. If on Gateway it will put control to the car and show info.

If your after track names on the main screen on the RNSe, get an Alpine KCE-425i fitted... Not a perfect match for the Audi, however the best and cheapest of options instead of getting a MK2 RNSe + Audi AMI!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have rns-e mk1 and dension, my track names display on the dis but not on the rns-e display so at least I still know what song is playing.