MP4 to MP3 converter (RNS-E)

cloughy

Reaction score
Folks,

Sorry if this has been covered before but I thought I'd share this for any fellow RNS-E owners who use the SD card for music. So much of my music is stored in mp4 format with iTunes and couldn't be used on the card

Downloaded 'free mp4 to mp3 converter 7.0' From download.com

Very user friendly and now I've got all my music in the right format!

Log in to iTunes> select album> highlight all songs wanting to convert> advance (tab at top of screen)> create MP3 Version!!:sly:

Once converted, you can delete your MP4 files otherwise you will have duplicated songs on you iTunes.

I normally download from torrentscan so files are already in MP3, so I just add the file from my computer to iTunes Library.

Hope this helps buddy.

Or you could just right click on song, then select Create MP3 version.

cheers for the advice mate! I'll start doing it this way

Ok, I have one album which I purchased from itunes last week, and I can not get it to play on the RNS-E. The album folder and tracks all show up on the RNS-E display, but it just jumps to the next album in the list..ive compared everything I can think of to other files and folders on the card which play, but this one will not ...help please !!

Some of my tracks were doing that (the one's that were not correctly converted to mp3), select the tracks you want to convert in itunes, right click and click 'create mp3 version'

The problem i had was that itunes only gave me the option of 'create acc version' at first, you need to change the import preference setting in preferences (edit drop down) there you can change preference to mp3 version

Last edited:
Yeah, sorted now. It was obviously something to do with the m4a-mp3 converter that I used, as I tried another one and that worked, but it was only a trial version and only allowed 3 files ! Followed the above instructions and now have the full album. Nice !!

Log in to iTunes> select album> highlight all songs wanting to convert> advance (tab at top of screen)> create MP3 Version!!:sly:

Once converted, you can delete your MP4 files otherwise you will have duplicated songs on you iTunes.

I normally download from torrentscan so files are already in MP3, so I just add the file from my computer to iTunes Library.

Hope this helps buddy.

Fantastic bit of info there, Dude! Many thanks!!! :wub: xx