DSG - D vs S whats yours ?

• Thread starter imported_S_Line
  • Start date
I

imported_S_Line

Is it me or....... Does D. seem rather to conservative when changinf gear and changing down

WHile S .. is just over the top leaving me feeling for the engine nearly reving to the red line when pulling away normally.

D is ok for normal slowish driving but i do feel that S.. is just Over the top, unless you are really gunning it non stop.

AND who has forgot that they are in D.. used the paddles to change down, forget its in D ... and move the Gearlever to Neautral, by mistake when wanting to change up ! LOL !!

Just need the computer re proggrammed to how i want S.. to behave

Yes I agree, so I only use manual mode unless in heavy traffic when I'll use D mode for a while

I'm the same as Cats - always use manual mode unless in heavy traffic when I use D. Much more enjoyable that D or S for normal driving. Tend to use both lever and paddles.

I use D to warm the car up or when I am feeling lazy and manual the rest of the time.

I use the gear lever to change down and the paddle to change up and yes overriden D with the paddles and used the lever knocking the car into neutral - DOH!!!!

J.

I reckon I use D probably 90% of the time, only use S when taking off from roundabouts, junctions and if overtaking. I find that it seems to 'drop the clutch' a bit quicker in S.

I do use manual from time to time if it's a nice quiet twisty road and fancy pressing on a bit.

I should probably spend more time in manual mode to get used to it though....

SOunds like this DSG is getting used how it should, Fully auto, manual, Sport, lots of options.

I use D alot, but whan i feel like some fun, im in manual mode on the back lanes with both hands planted ont eh steering wheel using the paddles, and then using the lever on the really tight corners /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hands up who loves the blip when changing down to first a little too soon ? mmmmmm !!

Its such a great box, i cant see me ever going back to a normal gear box, as the DSG will only get better on the newer models. etc etc.