fuel additives

cubby

Reaction score
Morning folks. just a quick question.
Can i use my usual fuel additive in a dpf equipped car.
Don't want to wreck it.

Morning folks. just a quick question.
Can i use my usual fuel additive in a dpf equipped car.
Don't want to wreck it.

Hi Cubby

I'm assuming it's a diesel (you mention a DPF.) What is your current additive?

I use Millers Power Eco Max - Double dose on every third fill up (supermarket fuel.)

This is stuff is good to use with DPF equipped engines.

Hope this helps......................

Andy

Yeah it's a 8p2 2.0 tdi 170.
It's millers i used on my old bkd engine as well . as that was the 140 it didn't have dpf.
Thanks for the reply i'll get back to my old routine.

What are the benefits of using additives on a diesel engine? Is it the norm to do this?

I fill up using supermarket fuels mainly.

Cheers :)

I used mine to help clean/ keep clean my injectors. that was my reasoning anyway.
Had less smoke when reving hard as well. wasn't particulary bad to start with but noticed a difference When using it.
Work also has an account with millers so got it very cheap as well which didn't hurt.

What are the benefits of using additives on a diesel engine? Is it the norm to do this?

I fill up using supermarket fuels mainly.

Cheers :)

stick to someone like shell, they put additives into their fuel whereas supermarkets do not

stick to someone like shell, they put additives into their fuel whereas supermarkets do not

Only if you buy Shell v-power or BP Ultimate et al. They cost more pennies per litre. I'll be the first to admit it's swings and roundabouts regarding price though.

However, I've used this stuff for yonks and it's noticable how much it improves mpg and like the op says, less smoke too.

This stuff helps with soot accumulation with the dpf.

Anyway............just my opinion.

Only if you buy Shell v-power or BP Ultimate et al. They cost more pennies per litre. I'll be the first to admit it's swings and roundabouts regarding price though.

However, I've used this stuff for yonks and it's noticable how much it improves mpg and like the op says, less smoke too.

This stuff helps with soot accumulation with the dpf.

Anyway............just my opinion.

surely shell's 'fuel save' regular fuel has more additives than asda petrol?

granted v power will have more additives