When should I Order?

DaveS3Turbo

Sepang Blue S3
Reaction score
Basically I want the car between July 12th - End of July...

It must be a 3 Door Facelift S-Line and will be a factory order. I am aware of the model update of week 22.

Now when should I be ordering, if I order too earlly ill get the current grill. What are your opinions please.

Engine will be 2.0T Q also

[ QUOTE ]
Basically I want the car between July 12th - End of July...

It must be a 3 Door Facelift S-Line and will be a factory order. I am aware of the model update of week 22.

Now when should I be ordering, if I order too earlly ill get the current grill. What are your opinions please.

Engine will be 2.0T Q also

[/ QUOTE ]

Thought I read somewhere that model update to SFG was week 22 with orders for being taken from week 18. If this is correct then you can place order in 4 weeks time.

Ar right I see, I hope this info is correct.

4 Weeks leaves me end of this month...

[ QUOTE ]
Ar right I see, I hope this info is correct.

4 Weeks leaves me end of this month...

[/ QUOTE ]

You could try phoning Audi CS to confirm if this is true or not !.

Hmmmmm...Point

But bascially Next week end im going sorting the deal mout anyways and ill tell the dealer whats what which know they are aware of. Then when ready just oush the order through and away I go.

where are you buying from Web or Dealer??

I'm also buying soon so just wondering what sort of deal you are getting

I have a quote for a factory build A3 Sportback 2.0TDI S line DSG with cruise control for £19,200. Is this good?? has anyone got better?

that abt grille looks loads better than the one on my sportback!

In answer to your question Dave - can't you just tell the dealer you want a facelift model and let them deal with the rest?

I spoke to my dealer today and he wouldn't confirm when the new grille is going into production, I quoted week 22 after reading it on here but he wasn't aware of anything from Audi UK on the subject.

Its a bit poor when the customers know more about what's happening than the dealers!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Dave I was going to Order an A3 at the end of this month. To have the car for August. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif

A factory build takes about 12 weeks (3 months)

But with the new front coming out I maybe thinking of waiting a month and ordering the car end of May and getting it in September with the new front.

But the new front is here for Mid-July....

You can order round about now for the new front.

David

I ordered my A3 3.2 Sline last year at the end of March. When I heard about the model year change I asked at the dealer and they showed me the Product update, dated 5th May, which applied to cars from build week 22. Despite ordering in late March, I still got a 2005 spec car with spoiler and aluminium trim. The car arrived early July in the end. So you might be able to order it now but Audi dealers possibly won't have all the details for another few weeks. Shame as you can't take advantage of options that might be available for the revised model until then.

I would image it would be exactly the same as the sportsback as it's one thign to go of. Apart from the usuals and the extra "doors".

So I really doubt there will be any updates apart from the facelift changes which are as expected.

Dave