New Purchase - Not A S3, But A A3 :)

N.Singh

Reaction score
Having Owned A Vauxhall Astra For 2 Years, It Was Time To Upgrade, So Decided To Go For The A3....

My Astra Before I Sold It:

194.jpg

198.jpg

199.jpg

My New Audi A3:
audi-a3-hatchback-1-6-special-edition-3dr-1879142930-640x480.jpg

audi-a3-hatchback-1-6-special-edition-3dr-1879143078-640x480.jpg

audi-a3-hatchback-1-6-special-edition-3dr-1879142954-640x480.jpg

Want To Start Of With A Few Cheap Mods First,

Any Suggestions To What I Could Do?

Plans In Mind:

Change Wheels In Time
Window Tints
Lowering Springs
S3 Or S-Line Bumpers (Full Kit) Inc Spoilers Etc
And Maybe DRL's

welcome to the club buddy looks a nice car you have bought , the list is endless to be honest when it comes to mods its a personal choice thing too , for some inspiration take a look through the pics thread loads and loads of pics in there , what i would do is get some 18's or 19's bbs or oem wheels of some sort , lower it , s-line/s3 bumpers front and rear , rear spoiler , 3 spoke steering wheels the 4 spoke ones look nasty or a flat bottom steering wheel , like i said the list is endless just don't get stupid body kits we don't like them on here we like a lot of oem stuff they can make a car look spot on

Thanks Buddie :) Does The S3 Or S-Line Not Have Side Skirts?

And Thanks MAte, Looking To Go Down The OEM Route :)

welcome mate. not a fan of the vauxals but yours was quite subtle.

theres loads of theads tellling you how s3, sline, 8p3, conversions where done
my sugestions on your 8p2
sline conversion with fogs
new wheels fow show
tints
newer sytle rear lights

if you want drls if gonna cost you to do an 8p3 conversion. ( unless you go for some aftermarket ones for an 8p2 )

Cheers Bud, :) Im Guessing Mine Is A 8P2 Then?

Obviously If I Wanted The Newere 8p3 Lights Would It Mean I Have To Change My Bonet? And Also Any Changes To The Bonet If I Got The S3 Or S-Line Bumper Or Would It Be A Straight Fit?

Not Seen Many Modded Audi's In This Colour, So Hard To Choose What I Want To Do Really Lol. Cheers For You Help Though Dude.

Cheers Bud, :) Im Guessing Mine Is A 8P2 Then?

Obviously If I Wanted The Newere 8p3 Lights Would It Mean I Have To Change My Bonet? And Also Any Changes To The Bonet If I Got The S3 Or S-Line Bumper Or Would It Be A Straight Fit?

Not Seen Many Modded Audi's In This Colour, So Hard To Choose What I Want To Do Really Lol. Cheers For You Help Though Dude.

8p1 is the split grill nomaly up to 54 plate.
8p2 yours from then to about an 08
8p3 mine current from 08 onward.
if you want an 8p3 conv a couple of peopl have dont it with the drl;s its not cheap tho.
you need, lights, bonnet, bumber, ( power washers and auto leavle's) and wings but i have heard this an be done with out and you can keep the nicer wing mirrors ( your shape) and side repeater v.s my eirly 8p3 with the dumbos with turn signals.
tbh if it was me would just go sline on an 8p2. its a lot of work an am lazy

heres one for you n8 why did my 8p2 with climate have no ac button but the 8p3 dose ? they both go down to same temp ?

Do you have an ECON button? I think that is effectively the same thing, but badly worded by the manufacturer.

Cheers For U Help Buddy, Thinking About Having The S-Line FrontBumper, And S3 BAck Bumper As Im Not Too Keen On The S-Line Rear Bumper.

heres one for you n8 why did my 8p2 with climate have no ac button but the 8p3 dose ? they both go down to same temp ?

The 8P2's have a button called ECON which when you press turns the Air Conditioning OFF ie, it was always on until you pressed the button to turn it off.

The 8P3s replaced the ECON button to the AC button so to get the air conditioning you need to press the AC buton.

Reactions: nally
Just Managed To Source A S-Line Bumper For £150 Delivered? Is It Worth It?

It Doesnt Come With Any Grills, But Is My Grill Any Diffrent From The S-Line Grill Or Is It Just The S-Line Badge Thats Diffrent?

Looking At Spraying The Whole Grill Gloss Black.

Any Idea On How Much Fog Lights Would Cost Me For The Bumper ? As Well As The Fog Light Plastic Surrounds?

Do you have an ECON button? I think that is effectively the same thing, but badly worded by the manufacturer.
no mate just ac it kicks in when i use in when i use the front screen unfog button.

Just Managed To Source A S-Line Bumper For £150 Delivered? Is It Worth It?

It Doesnt Come With Any Grills, But Is My Grill Any Diffrent From The S-Line Grill Or Is It Just The S-Line Badge Thats Diffrent?

Looking At Spraying The Whole Grill Gloss Black.

Any Idea On How Much Fog Lights Would Cost Me For The Bumper ? As Well As The Fog Light Plastic Surrounds?
dont get an sline grill youl only be getting it for the badge and its not an sline ( they dont light interior plastics or roof lining) plus if you smash your car the insurance will see what you have been it to right away. the bumper the the untraned eye is the same.
surround about £50
genuine fogs £120 ish from euro car parts ( just get some audi a4 ones off ebay same thing) you will need to replace the connectsors also

Fair Enough, Thanks For Your Help Dude, Sorry For The Questions Lol, New In The Audi Sector.....

My Car Doesn't Have Fogs Already, Would It Mean I Can Still Fit Them Or Would I Need Extra Looms Etc?

That's Garnet Red - it's a lovely colour in the flesh. My old 2.0T quattro S-Line had xenons and some of the other things you might want to do:

IMG_1105.jpg

IMG_1108.jpg

IMG_1109.jpg

i have never seen ones that colour its not bad. as for the stearing wheel i dont think you should change it unless its for the flat bottomed one. the one you have isnt as bad as the 8p1 3 spoke

Oooo That Looks Nice!

Not Sure Whats I Want To Do First Though Yet, May Even Buy The Bumper And Store It Till I Get The Rest Of The Kit And Do It All In One Go. That Looks Ace, Not Too Sure On What Wheels I Want Yet, But Want Something OEM But Different.

the oem bbs wheels are always nice like you get on the s-line's and the golf edition30 , but then again there are so many nice wheels out there now its hard to choose lol

Haha I Agree Dude, Sooo Many Nice Wheels, Its Hard to Choose!!

Either Looking At, BBS CH, RS6 Wheels Or A/S5 Wheels.

as its a lower size engin ( = small disks) i would say fat fives, nice finish and they will hide you disks and calipers. they look nicer on the 3dr drop it it will look awsome.

Are The Flat Fives, The RS6 Wheels Dude? Was Thinking That As Well, To Keep It Subtle. :)

This Is How I Would Want The Front To Be :)

ScreenShot2011-12-19at022657.png

Same Wheels Maybe,

However The Back Id Want To Look Like This: Not Sure What Bumper It Is, But It Always Catches My Eye!

19cc926a.jpg

Looks Awsome!

I have the S3 wheels as shown on the silver A3 and i think they're the most eyecatching alloy for under 500, you can pick up a pair of these for around 400-500 with tyres, and i lovemine! .. Dwpends on your budget i guess, but i'd recommend something like them rather than standard SLine ones.. Alloys make a car!

Same Wheels Maybe,

However The Back Id Want To Look Like This: Not Sure What Bumper It Is, But It Always Catches My Eye!

19cc926a.jpg

Looks Awsome!

You want standard S-Line bumpers front and rear and tailgate spoiler if you want that look.
Surely you could of bought an S-Line if your going to spend out mods like that?!

I personally prefer the S-Line wheels - the S3 ones look a bit plastic-y to me, no idea why, just not a fan.
The s-line wheels will finish off an S-Line conversion nicely too, obviously.

Same Wheels Maybe,

19cc926a.jpg

Looks Awsome!
That is a s-line rear bumper mate , the wheels shown on the silver A3 are S8 wheels I think but don't quote me on that lol

They're used on both the S8 and S3 i think? .. Also if you opt for the sLine wheels i personally think they're the best value for money, you can get a set of them in 18s for 300-450, i've seen them go for 250! .. Different preference and opinions, noone agrees on alloys, sLines are a safe, good looking option though, and cheap incase you want to upgrade after!

these are the fat fives they are dimond finish. i think ads has got them hes also done a full sline conversion
images

btw if you get the 5's keep you old ones for winter you wont get any money selling them so just keep them and stop the fives finish getting buggerd by road salt

They were S8 reps on Luke's old car and Mr Singh thats an S-Line bumper, same bumper on an S3 just with a different valance. Granted the newer ones have smaller sensors.

Cheers For Your Input Guys, Appreciate It,

For Some Reason, I Cant Seem To Find The Same Rear Bumper As Luke's On Ebay, As They All Seem To Look Diffrent From The Ones I Search "S-Line Rear A3 Bumper" Hmm.