wash wipe

A3-ALF

Reaction score
Anyone noticing their windscreens smearing up quickly after washing and wiping in this crappy weather?
I drive fairly long distances in my car and notice after washing the screen it's nice and clean for the first two wipes but after the 3rd wipe it immediately smears up again. I've developed a technique though to combat this smearing, I've found that if I wash and let the wipers have one wipe then give it a second short squirt at the bottom of the first wipe then the next two wipes leave the screen clear. It seems that 3 wipes on there own is too much, anyone agree?

Alan

I always wipe at least 3 times otherwise I get nasty marks...

on a serious note I noticed it but after I changed to new wipers I have no issues, I also made sure both nozzles were pointing in the right place on the screen as one of mine was out

I use Sonax 1:100 clear view screenwash best i've ever used complete with that "ahh lemony!!" wiff through the air vents each use. As well as a coating of Duxback repellent on all windows. (also aids clearing ice too (if you do opt for Duxback pm me as Duxback have a refer a friend thingy on at the mo.)) Rain is currently running up my screen at 35mph without wipers even on. I find it usually lasts 6 months before it needs another coat, however side windows last ages as they don't get as much grime as windscreen. Dad's car is still fresh after a year.

http://www.autobestbuy.co.uk/shop/prodtype-PT_ID-78-strPageHistory-cat.asp

Duxback

Ive no affiliation to either product just believe in them both as fantastic products which I use year on year.

oh yeah forgot to tell everyone asda are selling rain x for £3 a bottle how good is that