Should i or shouldn't i?? Need your opinion.

DJ-S3

Reaction score
Right, really wish i hadn't thought of this but to be honest it makes total sense and i was wondering what you lot would do in my situation.

I wanted to save up some money and get a ITG CAI, milltek full system and a remap at the same time but i just cannot ignore the offer Revo are doing at this moment of time. I do believe it's something like 10% and a free sps switch? Just checked and it is.

I don't have anywhere near enough money for all of it and if i don't do it now it'll cost me more after christmas (when i can actually start saving) just for the remap alone!

So my question is, should i dip into my savings (which can barely afford the remap now) and just get it done? Or should i wait it out until i can afford it all (around june) and hope there's some kind of deal on again? Which i doubt there will be unless anyone else knows otherwise?

My S3 is going into Audi on the 5th of January for a cambelt+water pump change and a MOT, will this affect my car in anyway if it's remap'd? Yes i know i can switch it back to standard with the SPS Switch but i'm not sure if they give you it in person or send you it in the post. If it's in the post i doubt it'll reach me in time.

What would you do?

Dom

Last edited:
Anything engine related will void that part of the warranty,but as you intend to change the intake etc anyway,that won't be an issue.

Stg1 at 10% off plus a free SPS would have me reaching for the wallet if I were back at that stage right now.

It effects the cambelt? That's rather worrying.

your paying for work on your car at audi ?
then it wont make a diffrence haveing it mapped
it will void the warranty if something goes wrong for warranty work

I guess Audi feel that the remap will stress many parts of the engine, so any sign of a remap will void the warranty, but as yours is an 07 car, you haven't got a warranty anyway (unless you got it 2nd hand off them recently of course...)

I'd normally say get the remap done asap as its really worth doing, but you'd also need to set aside £1k for a new clutch once the OEM clutch starts slipping with the remap.

Some are lucky and get by using the original clutch, most are not. My clutch lasted 2-3 months in the cold weather on stage 1 before it started slipping.

The actual engine on mine has been as tough as old boots despite nearly doubling the output.

The clutch however is made of chocolate and may be allright at Stg1 but equally may not and certainly won't be at Stg2 or beyond,so at least think of a new clutch.

The Sachs is user friendly and pretty tough.

The transmission again is tough but if you went for some serious upgrades you would need to be sensible and not indulge in drag racing.

I'd continue to save pal, your cars about 10 times quicker than 80% of what's on the roads already and I'd give an organ to have the car you have already so I'd say stick with the set up you have for now!

i would possibly wait if you can the revo sale is good because of the controller but during the course of next year after march generally show season begins again. All the shows i went to earlier this year had massive sales on revo like 100 off or something similar. And when tehre in person they are willing to negotiate a bit to

Yeah, trying to keep the full Audi service history if i can. Nah it doesn't have warranty, 56Plate and bought it privately.

So some of you are saying wait and see what happens next year and others are saying get it done but start to think about a new clutch. I don't tend to drive the car hard, only when i want to nip into a gap somewhere. Would the clutch still start to slip anyway?

Drag racing..... Nah i'll leave that to the pimped out corsa's, although i bet it's a lot of fun.

stage 1 remap will not hurt your clutch
god iv run the fsiT at 320hp for months and not killed it

Depends if your savings are for car related items or actual 'savings' for other genuinely important things. There will always be more deals on every year!

Well i hope the clutch lasts for atleast a little while!!

It's just general savings, for things that could break in the house. I always have some sort of money stored away in case of a emergency.

Well i hope the clutch lasts for atleast a little while!!It's just general savings, for things that could break in the house. I always have some sort of money stored away in case of a emergency.
On Stg1 the clutch should be allright,and your driving style should help that as well,as the drag racing types will kill the LUK clutch fairly easily.
The stock clutch is certainly a bit on the weak side,and my advice would be to just keep it at the back of your mind if you're thinking of Stg2 in the future,as that's around the time when mine gave in.......the replacement Sachs has been fine ever since,and when the engine was stripped down along with the gearbox recently,the clutch was still in good nick after 20 000 miles worth of Stg3.

Personally as good as this deal is I'd wait and get it all serviced first as that will iron out any issues or at least notify of any issues before getting it remapped. As getting it remapped then finding problems is a PITA..! Although as previously mentioned it is a good deal!

On Stg1 the clutch should be allright,and your driving style should help that as well,as the drag racing types will kill the LUK clutch fairly easily.
The stock clutch is certainly a bit on the weak side,and my advice would be to just keep it at the back of your mind if you're thinking of Stg2 in the future,as that's around the time when mine gave in.......the replacement Sachs has been fine ever since,and when the engine was stripped down along with the gearbox recently,the clutch was still in good nick after 20 000 miles worth of Stg3.

That's what i want to hear!

I've spoke to Revo and they've said i can pay for it now and get it done some time in the new year. So i was thinking after i've had the cambelt and mot done. So some time after the 5th of January.

id wait get the car running right as others have said there will be another offer next year i recently had my cambelt clutch turbo and remapping done felt like i got a brand new car back