Is it right that im getting charged more for remaps because i have a DSG box?

Jonny-Smith

Reaction score
Hi all

I have a 1.8TFSI S-tronic and im looking into getting it revo'd. But all the prices are quoted for manuals on the websites and when i ring up they want more to remap because its a DSG.

Is this the usual or not?

Cheers Jonny

No. There is a separate DSG remap but the cost for the remaps is the same from me if it is manual or DSG.​

What can you do to a DSG with a remap, please? E.g., can you make it change up at lower revs on light throttle for max. mpg?

DSG mappers I know of can tailor it to your preference, so its not a 1 size fits all as such, all though they probably have a set programme they can use, all comes down to the tuner & how good they really are & what you want it to do.

You're getting bummed, go elsewhere as there should be NO increase just because it's a DSG, you can remap the DSG also but that's only an extra cost should you want to do this. You want to remap the engine ECU.

Sack them and go elsewhere Jonny!

We're a Revo dealer at work. You can run a Stage 1 map only as far as I can work out. however there is a further map for the dsg box. On the new DSG box they're waiting for the new Revo map for the gearbox, which I'm waiting for myself. So depending on the age of the vehicle make sure they're not fobbing you off. Pretty sure you can run just a stage 1 tho same price as a manual map.