A3's at the Ring

Ghetto

Reaction score
Couple of pics I saw on Foutitude.com:
[image]http://www.damajoo.org/phpBB2/album_pic.php?pic_id=1536.jpg[/image]

[image]http://www.damajoo.org/phpBB2/album_pic.php?pic_id=1522.jpg[/image]

[image]http://www.damajoo.org/phpBB2/album_pic.php?pic_id=1490.jpg[/image]

The second car really reminds me of my own /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
But does anyone know who makes this (i'm guessing carbon fibre) lip from as seen in Pic 1 & 2. Would like to see a few better pics of it..

** Can't seem to get the pics to work, just copy and paste them into your browser!

they look real good!!
have you noticed the reg on 2 of them:
WO PF 17 and 62. could be some tests done by audi for the new S3?
they also have the same alloys and are lowered...

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Steph!

Not sure that WO is Audi's HQ? But it would make sense that they were testing mules...

Ghetto, which wheels are those on pic 2?

What's very nice about their suspension is that the rear camber seems to have been rectified: there's not as much as on a regular lowered A3... Smells like a factory job!

imho, they look gooooooooooood /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Must be 19" wheels and at least 235 tires... That's too much for me and the kind of roads I drive on. I'll change my 17"s for 18"s, but that would be about it. Too bad, really, as the BIG wheels look mint (to my eyes).

Excuse my ignorance,but what makes you think they're genuine Audi prototypes and not just privately owned,customised cars ?

Hang on,it's the nose isn't it.
That nose isn't available on the 3 door yet,is it.
I've answered my own question...

DOH !

[ QUOTE ]
Hang on,it's the nose isn't it.
That nose isn't available on the 3 door yet,is it.
I've answered my own question...

DOH !

[/ QUOTE ]

bowfer, there not official Audi single frame grills. Look closely and they look like an additional centre cover, ala the ones you get from Abt etc. Could be mules, but dont think Audi would run a front splitter that chav like /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Wasn't ABT doing the styling for the new S3?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would they use Abt when Audi have their own in house sports styling division ?.

I'm with Japper on this one - definitely not OEM front end on the single grille versh.

The cars are running up towards the Hohe Acht (you can just make out the karussel in the background). This is a flat out section accelerating uphill from around 50mph to maybe 120mph (bike figures) so there will be a fair amount of compression on the suspension.

Hopefully the RS3 will have matt surrounds on the new grille.

The RS3 that isn't going to be made you mean??? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif How many times has it been in the press, Audi have said only RS models on 4 & 6. I look forward to the S3 when it arrives.

[ QUOTE ]
The RS3 that isn't going to be made you mean??? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif How many times has it been in the press, Audi have said only RS models on 4 & 6. I look forward to the S3 when it arrives.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep my mistake - S3. I just hope they go for the matt black surrounds as shown on the audi website when the Sportback was launched.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep my mistake - S3. I just hope they go for the matt black surrounds as shown on the audi website when the Sportback was launched.

[/ QUOTE ]

And add the door flares also /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'm down to well under 8 minutes round the ring you know...

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif

On GT4 on the PS2.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

[ QUOTE ]
with your tdi ?

[/ QUOTE ] /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

no - a ZX9R with some choice mods! I did a few laps last year in a Golf PD130 after they threw me off the track (I forgot to take mirrors for the bike as I was doing Spa for 3 days afterwards). Cars may feel quick on the road, but I would be so bold to say that anything short of a good 911 or similar feels unbelievably tedious on a track. I would guess I managed a 10.30 lap?

I will definitely do some timed laps in the Audi this year and will let you know how I get on... and I'll do my best to persuade some of you to join me on the trip. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

A ZX9R? Wos that, one of them Sinclair computer thingies?

On a slightly more serious note, I did a "corporate" track day at Rockingham last year and the main ring there did NOT feel slow when we were doing in excess of 100 mph next to the concrete wall. Felt more like warp factor 5, especially when a fly smacked me on the visor. Nealry took me ****** face off.

Yes, I belive they are Sportec Rims, as marriedblonde said.

Has anyone had a look at the other pics on there, all at the ring (I think)... check out this brave soul.... love to know what time he got.....

Click Me

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Steph!

Not sure that WO is Audi's HQ? But it would make sense that they were testing mules...

[/ QUOTE ]

WO = Worms, a place just north of Mannheim....

Audi brochures have cars with the plates usually either IN (Ingolstadt) or B (Berlin). Also, ABT's offices are in a place called Kempten (KE) which is miles away from WO.

<font color="pink"> Just thought I would make an informative post. </font> /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jump.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Has anyone had a look at the other pics on there, all at the ring (I think)... check out this brave soul.... love to know what time he got.....

Click Me

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

[/ QUOTE ]I was dropping into the Forest section a couple of years ago when I came around a bend ot find one of these. It wasn't so much a manouever as a reaction that got me past! since it's a public road, anything road legal is allowed from near race specs cars to coaches and mopeds.

Seeing the flat backend of a bus coming towards you in not pleasant. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Stability is all important at the ring as trying to get the car straight to brake is one of the biggest challenges meaning you don't always achieve it!!

p.s. Sorry for my spelling in the previous post!! It was late. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif