Clicking noise behind climate control dash

xyz1

Reaction score
When i turn on the ignition i can hear a random clicking noise which seems to be coming from behind the dash near the cc. The noise has no sequence in time gaps or noise, it seems to get worse when i turn the fan speed up and down, not so much temperature. Each click seems to be different in noise too.
When im driving i can't hear the noise, even when i'm trying to listen to it over engine noise, it may still be there but i can't hear it. It seems to happen when it is just the ignition, or when idle after just starting the car.

I have done searches but haven't really found any solution. After numerous searches on here i believe it could be a leaf stuck in the blowers somewhere because blowers 1 and 4 blow out stronger air than blowers 2 and 3 (the middle 2). There is a significant difference between blower power in the middle two blowers and the outer two blowers near the windows.

Any ideas to what this noise could be? Seems to be a common problem but i can't find any solutions. It doesn't seem to have an effect on the running of the car everything seems fine!

Thanks

They do make a clicking noise sometimes, you can do a calibration with vcds incase somethings out of sync, module 08 basic setting 001 iirc.

Mine does the same when the car is cold. I just turn the stereo up and don't worry.

Its just the wee servo motors for the aircon.
Pain in the tits so it is.
Best thing to cure it is BOSE.

ok thanks, it doesnt really bother that much me just curious to what the noise was and why blowers 2 and 3 dont seem as powerful as the other 2? what could be the reason for that?