Chris NottAH Fabrications
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Urgent help!

1st Gear

Status

Urgent help!

Just came out to car went to driveway felt like brake were seized, nope, car skidding all over road, got back out and straightened wheel, passenger wheel straight but drivers wheel sticking out
    Any help please

2. # ADS
    ADS

Shark Performance In Scotland

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Brodster On Twitter Add Brodster on Facebook
    Was the car driven and parked up yesterday without incident. If so things just dont break overnight. Has there been an attempt to get your wheels off??? Sounds like it or track rod end has sheared.....but why when stationery.
    Angelwax/BBS/BCS/Bilstein/Cobra/CTS Turbo/DTUK/H&R/K-Sport/KW/Loba/Milltek/Shark Performance/Oz Racing/TPI/VCDS/V-Maxx/Vossen/Wagner

1st Gear

Status
    Parked on road, can't see any impact, I know things like this don't happen over night, car driven till about 7 last night then left, and just come out, Im soo pissed off with this car, worst car I've ever owned

Status

My Social Networking

Get in behind the offending wheel and see if the track rod end or any other joint has come away. That would allow the wheel to move independently from the other. My mate had something similar where someone tried to pinch his wheels but obviously got rumbled so when he came to drive the car the L/H wheel was only on the hub with 1 loose bolt holding it on.

Comedy sketch where front of the car drops and the wheel overtakes him......not funny at the time though.
    Angelwax/BBS/BCS/Bilstein/Cobra/CTS Turbo/DTUK/H&R/K-Sport/KW/Loba/Milltek/Shark Performance/Oz Racing/TPI/VCDS/V-Maxx/Vossen/Wagner

1st Gear

Status
    I've just checked the car now it's light, do damage, no loose wheels, put me arm under wheel and everything appears intacked, I moves with the other wheel just when wheels should be straight drivers side wheel is quarter turned I'm baffled

Status

My Social Networking

So steering wheel is straight, everything intact, drivers wheel is 1/4 turn off........sounds as though something mechanical has given up. Get it to the garage IF you can.

Its not had a new steering rack fitted has it??

Let us know what happens.

1st Gear

Status

This is what it looks like?

Status

My Social Networking

Is there any play in the offending wheel? I would jack the car up and take the wheel off to have a good look paying particular attention to all joints and driveshaft. I thought it might of been kerbed but wrong side.

Think of it like this too. Its been parked like that because that wheel will not move by itself so just before you stopped say 1/2 mile before hand did anything happen....i.e kerbed, large pot-hole etc etc. That could of knocked the set-up out.

1st Gear

Status
    Can't feel any play, gonna jack it later, its only sticking out like now cus I drove I little bit and reversed it, when I came out this morn both wheels were parallel, I never leave wheels sticking out, I always avoid pot holes and never drop down kerbs or up, still drive it like my old polo which was about 2inches off the floor

Status

My Social Networking

Let us know the outcome.......Curious to see what would cause this if everything is intact.

1st Gear

Status
    Will do its really bugging, first thing I thought was someone's tried to rob it, n tried to get it on to a low loader? N snapped something? Lots of cars are getting stolen to order where I live,
    I'm hoping it's a simply cheap fix, I'm at a poit with the cat I might aswell just set fire to my wages, the amount I spend on it to keep it running

1st Gear

Status
    Will do its really bugging, first thing I thought was someone's tried to rob it, n tried to get it on to a low loader? N snapped something? Lots of cars are getting stolen to order where I live,
    I'm hoping it's a simply cheap fix, I'm at a poit with the cat I might aswell just set fire to my wages, the amount I spend on it to keep it running

Status

My Social Networking

Time for a change me thinks...........S3's aren't as dear to buy and run as people think. And you'll get ALOT of enjoyment out of it. I was running a remapped 2.0 TDI Sport which was fun and very economical. The S3.....well no comparison really. Cheaper to fill up, cheaper to insure believe it or not and and all-round fantastic car even though I get less MPG. I spend exactly the same per month on running costs as I did with the TDI.......I now longer batter up and down the A9 which is why I traded it in for the S3.

1st Gear

Status
    Just looked under again, drivers side steering rack arm is bent, someone has well tried to rob it last night, can't just bend sitting there

1st Gear

Status
    Bent driver side tie rid arm is bent, can these be replaced?

Audi Retrofitter

Status
    North, East, South, West London & Dartford in Kent

My Social Networking

Visit Ash187's Instagram Channel
    everything on the car can be replaced... its just at what cost. i would get that car towed to a garage and find out how much it will cost you?
    i smacked my old golf into a kerb while turning in the snow early 2010 and it bent up the wishbone and drive shaft... £300 odd later it was all good again.
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI
    Dark Headlining, Bose, Alcantara Leather, Interior Lights Pack

MODS:
    S3 facelift,
    RS3 Grill, 19" RS6, TTRS FBMFSW, A5 S-Line Heated Seats, Bi-Xenons, Auto Lights & Wipers, Eibach Sportlines, Auto Folding & Dimming Dumbo Mirrors, S3 brakes, US Centre Console, Cruise, Pioneer HU, Reverse Camera, OEM Parking Sensors, LED Tail Lights, S3 Pedals, Tints, Carbon Trims.

3rd Gear

Status
    gutted mate, sorry to hear some twa* has done this

have a look here, will give you an idea of part costs

http://www.eurocarparts.com/track-rod-and-track-rod-end

Status

My Social Networking

Bingo......said it would be something like that. Takes a lot to bend one of them though so they must of been having a good go at it. At least you know what the problem is now.

1st Gear

Status
    Must off, I'm going to ring the police do they keep it on record, just wish they had nicked it, n could of bought new car then ha
    Going to ring eutocar parts n get a new one, need to take wheel off and inspect it properly make sure nothing else is damaged

Status

My Social Networking

I wonder if they've tried to steal the car by dragging it onto a low-loader. That would certainly bend afew things. Have a good look on the other side just in case. I would report it too coz if more damage and you have to claim for it through your insurance you've got it covered as the police are aware. Any tell-tale visual signs on the road like scuff/drag marks??

Audi Retrofitter

Status

My Social Networking

i feel for you mate, good luck with the repair and i hope that the price is low enough. good thinking to report it... in some ways its good to know that the car just cannot be dragged
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI

MODS:
    S3 facelift,
    RS3 Grill, 19" RS6, TTRS FBMFSW, A5 S-Line Heated Seats, Bi-Xenons, Auto Lights & Wipers, Eibach Sportlines, Auto Folding & Dimming Dumbo Mirrors, S3 brakes, US Centre Console, Cruise, Pioneer HU, Reverse Camera, OEM Parking Sensors, LED Tail Lights, S3 Pedals, Tints, Carbon Trims.

6th Gear

Status
    that's shocking, I'm sorry for you. Its the thought of what happens when you leave it parked! A bent tie bar was I was going to suggest but why would they use that? Bunch of cretins!
    2003-2008 1998 Red A3 8L 1.8 Sport
    2008 -> 2003 Akoya Silver A3 8P1 2.0 FSi Sport

1st Gear

Status
    Cheers guys, I'm going to report after work, I havnt even drove the car since Sunday, me girlfriends been using it, I went back before and had a better look in the light, noticed a massive chip in alloy, it looks like its had a good whack, but she reckons she ain't hit anything? I'm confused and angry I can't pinpoint how it happened, I'm going to get it towed to my mums with drive tomorrow so I can jack it up

3rd Gear

Status
    sounds like my girlfriend, unless she has hit a HGV she won't notice! must have been nasty kerbage to do that damage though

Audi Retrofitter

Status

My Social Networking

if that was her then she would have noticed it not driving home properly or in a straight line?
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI

MODS:
    S3 facelift,

1st Gear

Status
    I know, that's what I thought? That's why I'm so confused? Attempted robbery or dickhead girls that can't drive?

1st Gear

Status

Tie rod

Wheel
    Think the girlfriend isn't telling me something

Fossie

Status
    Is she insured to drive it ?

If not forget the insurance and hope the police don't respond.

If yes then don't let her drive it again otherwise it could happen again !!

1st Gear

Status
    Yea she is, but as of today, no more

2nd Gear

Status
    Ex girlfriend surely ? Ha

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Jord View Post
    Yea she is, but as of today, no more
    lol! wise decision, she must have given the kerb a right smack

Fossie

Status
    No more drive or no more girlfriend ?

Only joking mate - hope you get it sorted for the right price

1st Gear

Status
    That's A**e, at least you know.
    Impressive bend though
    Is it the off side as well?

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by L80EWY View Post
    Ex girlfriend surely ? Ha
    It's very close, ha
    She doesn't realise yet that she's paying the bill and te refurb of all 4 wheels she's destroyed
    She's still not admitting it, she's reckon she's ain't hit anything, I said so was it a theif last night and kindly returned it all locked this morn

6th Gear

Status
    Oh wow, she must must really wacked that kerb to do so much damage to both the wheel and steering rod. Hope you get it sorted and not be too much out of pocket mate.
    Ron
    Audi A3 8P2 2.0Tfsi S-Line Special Edition Bluefin

3dr Mauritius Blue || Full Leather|| BOSE || MFSW || Auto Lights/Wipers || Auto Dim Rearview Mirror || Heated Mirrors
    Mods: S3 Aluminium Pedals || S3 Vents || 2010 RNSE || OEM Bluetooth || Dension Gateway 100 || MY09 Rear Lights || Single Xenon Headlights

5th Gear

Status
    LOL

on a serious note....Somebody gonna get a hurt (Russell Peters)
    Last edited by Farhan; 14th December 2011 at 23:30.
    2008 A3 1.8TFSI 3 Door S Line - Lava Grey - Bose - Bluetooth - S Line Full Black Leather - Aux - Comfort Pack - Coming Home Lights - Storage Pack - Cruise Control - Ambient Interior Light - Footwell Lights - Audi IPhone 4 Cradle - Leather Armrest - BE Rear - MY09 Rear Lights - S3 Pedals - S3 Vents - BBS RS866 - Bi Xenons - Bluefin Stage 1 - K&N 57S Intake - Rev D Valve - Powerflex Dogbone Insert & Gear Box Mount

1st Gear

Status
    Hahaha, BLOODY WOMAN, BLOODY WOMAN

5th Gear

Status
    on a serious note fella, im suprised looking at that pic....The wheel looks lets say hit on a kerb and then scraped?

Its odd as i wouldnt have thought it could do that kind of damage?
    2008 A3 1.8TFSI 3 Door S Line - Lava Grey - Bose - Bluetooth - S Line Full Black Leather - Aux - Comfort Pack - Coming Home Lights - Storage Pack - Cruise Control - Ambient Interior Light - Footwell Lights - Audi IPhone 4 Cradle - Leather Armrest - BE Rear - MY09 Rear Lights - S3 Pedals - S3 Vents - BBS RS866 - Bi Xenons - Bluefin Stage 1 - K&N 57S Intake - Rev D Valve - Powerflex Dogbone Insert & Gear Box Mount

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Farhan View Post
    LOL

on a serious note....Somebody gonna get a hurt (EAST IS EAST)
    Aint that Russell Peters! lol
    Ron
    Audi A3 8P2 2.0Tfsi S-Line Special Edition Bluefin

3dr Mauritius Blue || Full Leather|| BOSE || MFSW || Auto Lights/Wipers || Auto Dim Rearview Mirror || Heated Mirrors
    Mods: S3 Aluminium Pedals || S3 Vents || 2010 RNSE || OEM Bluetooth || Dension Gateway 100 || MY09 Rear Lights || Single Xenon Headlights

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueSpark View Post
    Aint that Russell Peters! lol
    OH YE LOL EPIC FAIL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast