Climate Control

Legend7

Reaction score
Would using climate control all the time affect how many mpg you get.

Also whats the difference with using climate control with Econ on or OFF?

if you want more mpg then yes if you turn it to econ then it does what it says on the tin it gives you more mpg I've hardly ever got mine on a/c usually on econ but i do turn it on once a week to make sure the a/c pump is all working ok

No I dont use the A/C i only have the option to blow from the central blowers. Would using that without econ use more fuel. Also does the econ option take longer to warm the inside?

the econ button is the a/c mate , if the econ button is lit up the a/c is off if its not lit up the a/c is on hence the econ mode , basically the a/c runs all the time unless you turn it off using the econ button , on the newer model's they have a a/c switch to turn the a/c on or off not the econ button like on the older models

Thats weird I would have thought that since I turned the A/C button off it would be off? not ON

55 Audi A3 2.0 sport. I have both options A/C and ECON. I dont select any of the two and just put temp up and blower set 2 middle

2ijrq1g.jpg

there is the pic of the facelift unit ^^^^^^you can see the A/C light lit up
and there is the pic of the one in your car vvvvvvvv with no A/C button econ button only
DDC1.jpg

the button below the econ button is for automatic air recalculation not a/c if that what button you,re on about thinking is the a/c

LOL i see.I didnt get a manual with my car. SO what does the button automatic air recalculation and the one above ECON do?

the button above the econ is air recurculation and the one below it is auto air recur , it urm recurculates the air automatically basically like having the auto on , don't know too much about it i never have used it in 4 years of owning my car lol

edit to the post of photo's its auto air recurculation dam auto correct on my computer lol soz saying recalculation lol

the button above the econ button is manual air recirculation... so that if something smells outside or if you want to heat the car up in winter without drawing in cold air, or even cool the car down in summer without drawing in the hot air you can use that button to recycle the air already in the cabin.

the econ button is basically economy mode so no air con... why Audi would choose to do it that way i have no idea but with that light on the Air con is switched off.

the button underneath the econ is auto air recirculation which is set there for if any toxic gases are in the air around the car, the sensors would detect that and automatically switch on the auto recycle mode. of course you can manually press that button but its there to show you that the mode is on.

if you would like the proper definition that is in the handbook i can get a picture for you. but thats what they are... i was curious so i looked it up once. :p

also if you press the auto button in the middle is turns on the air con, and tries to control the in car air temp to the temp that is set on the display (climate control) you can then press the econ mode so that its still automatically controlling the speed of air that it uses to control the temp but just not using the air con.

if you hold the Auto button for 3 seconds it resets the passenger side temp on the climate control unit to match the drivers side so that both temps can then be controlled from just adjusting the drivers side temp control.

hope that helps :)