Faulty wheel bearing or tyre noise?

better tyres for 88 beans? One word, Result.

I think so too Cloughy, this sort of stuff never happens to me lol, that said something can go tits up from now and Saturday, shame i can't get back from Leeds to Keighley in time before they shut tonight!

rear wheel bearing is the whole hub assembly , £100 roughly for oem , droning start at 35 40mph ?? increases with road speed and not engine revs ?? you`ve changed all 4 tyres yet ?? do a full wheel alignment and camber check if its still there its the wheel bearing , o/s/r is usually 1st to go ;)

Hello mate, i have had 4 brand spanking new Uniroyal Rainsport 2s fitted at £100 per corner (got my brass back on the previous 4 tyres so only cost me £88), didn't make a difference so then i bit the bullet and changed both rear wheel bearings and noise has gone thank god - £220 fitted.

:icon_thumright:

Reactions: Airfix
I had the same problem as coughs on my mkv golf. Bridgestone potenzas were the culprit and the issue is called sawtoothing as the tyre wears a profile on the internal or external tread locks in a sawtooth pattern.

Not heard of it on an AudiA3 before and clearly according to Aiden I was his tyres anyway.

I switched to Michelin Sports and not had a problem since

I had the same problem as coughs on my mkv golf. Bridgestone potenzas were the culprit and the issue is called sawtoothing as the tyre wears a profile on the internal or external tread locks in a sawtooth pattern.

Not heard of it on an AudiA3 before and clearly according to Aiden I was his tyres anyway.

I switched to Michelin Sports and not had a problem since

I think it was pure coincidence that the tyres were faulty as well as the rear wheel bearing/bearings mate.