Audi S3 head gasket?!

GNJ_Motorsport

Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor
Reaction score
Website
www.gnjmotorsport.com
Has anybody had or heard of problems with water getting into the oil an a 2.0 TFSI Audi S3 engine? I have just been to check my oil and coolant levels etc and there was mayonnaise type cream on the back of the oil cap. Only a bit admittedly but very worrying. Anyone had any similar issues?

I wouldn't have thought the head gasket would be an issue on a car with 33k miles on the clock.

if its just the cap then i wouldnt worry, its normal condensation that builds up over time. Its only a problem if you dip the oil & its in the oil.

It's quite normal for this to appearing engines if only being used for short journeys, as condensation doesn't disperse.

You get a bit, especially at this time of year. If its on the dipstick then I'd be worried.

Ah ok cheers fellas. I have spoken to my mechanic since posting the thread and he also said its nothing to worry about. The oil on the dipstick was fine. I am just a bit paranoid about the car at the minute as it doesn't seem anywhere near as quick as a stage 2 S3 should in my opinion. I'd just never had any creamy oil on any of my previous cars so I panicked a bit. Going to have an investigate this week.

Hi graeme i also have the same issue with oil cap ,so thats cleared that up ,also my car is on stage 2+ and its feels flat and hesitant so will be taking it back to statllers asap to find out was going on so will let you know just incase its the same issue ...

New plugs and coilpacks all round mate...