Monster MotorsportEM Tuning
    1st Gear

Status

*S3 Owners* What Uprated Suspension?

As it says in the title, what uprated suspension are you S3 owners using (other than coilovers or airbags)?

What kind of drop did you get and what handling setups are you using? Anyone done camber etc like the R32 chaps do?
    Lava Grey A3 Hatchback S-line 170 Quattro, 18" Speedline Turini's, Bilstein B8 Shocks, 35mm H&R Springs, H&R ARB's, Small Remap, Darkside Development EGR Delete, K&N Panel, Full S3 Brakes, Yellow Stuff Pads, Drilled/Grooved Disc's, Bi-Xenons, DRL's, Full Leather, RNS-E/Changer/Bose, LED Interior Light Pack + Ambient Lighting, Rain And Light Pack, Rear Parking Sensors, Cruise Control, Auto Folding Mirrors, Black Grill/Badges, MY11 Rears, Lamin-x Fogs.

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    Just H&R springs which are minus 25mm and a bit more toe in
    S3 gone but not forgotten, now on a Golf R

Boycie

Status
    H&R 25mm springs and H&R ARB's

1st Gear

Status
    Cheers chaps but I should have made it clearer, as I don't have the S3 suspension as standard I was after shock and springs setups not just springs
    Lava Grey A3 Hatchback S-line 170 Quattro, 18" Speedline Turini's, Bilstein B8 Shocks, 35mm H&R Springs, H&R ARB's, Small Remap, Darkside Development EGR Delete, K&N Panel, Full S3 Brakes, Yellow Stuff Pads, Drilled/Grooved Disc's, Bi-Xenons, DRL's, Full Leather, RNS-E/Changer/Bose, LED Interior Light Pack + Ambient Lighting, Rain And Light Pack, Rear Parking Sensors, Cruise Control, Auto Folding Mirrors, Black Grill/Badges, MY11 Rears, Lamin-x Fogs.

5th Gear

Status
    Sorry to go a bit OT, but those of you with springs and standard shocks, how are you finding it? I'm thinking of going for H&R springs with a 30mm drop on the GTI when it arrives, but worried about making handling worse/bouncy ride due to shocks etc

Rob, I know you specifically mentioned "other than coilovers" but I can definitely recommend Weitec coilovers after running them for 2 and a half years.

Audi=No fault code, no idea

Status
    Very difficult to talk about dropping the suspension and uprating in the same sentence. It might look cool in Tesco's carpark or even be better on the track if you want to spend a huge amount of money but it will never be uprating on the road.
    Ibis white Revo S3 and now matching Vivaro LWB HR 2900 :-)

Many people are alive because its illegal to shoot them.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by paddy View Post
    Very difficult to talk about dropping the suspension and uprating in the same sentence. It might look cool in Tesco's carpark or even be better on the track if you want to spend a huge amount of money but it will never be uprating on the road.
    Uprating on the road as in what sense? Handling? Or comfort/ride quality?

1st Gear

Status
    The car handles fine now but I want it to handle the same with a slight drop. As for looking good in a car park I'm not just lowering it for show, I do drive my car how it should be used but would like it tightened for track so H&R ARBs are also being done but want it all done at the same time so I don't have to have the 4 wheel alignment done twice. Thanks Scott, I really can't be dealing with the hassle of coilovers again, plus I would lower them too much and loose the handling I want.

Boycie

Status
    Get the H&R cup kit then - springs and shocks!

6th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Follow MartayMcFly On Twitter Visit MartayMcFly's Youtube Channel Visit MartayMcFly's Instagram Channel
    I'm just on H&R springs for now, as a quick and very cheap short term solution to avoid new wheels making the car look raised, but the ride isn't fantastic. With standard shock constantly in slight compression you lose the first inch of bump absorption. Once the brakes and wheels go on, once the snow/cold goes away, and maybe once I've pout a deposit on a house, I'll probably look at getting Bilstein B8 shocks (a strong 8L favourite combination). I don't want the compromise of coil-overs since I don't have any need for their adjustability, might look into getting the H&R shocks to match the springs.

And, also, definitely get the H&R ARBs, they sort the rolling and cut out a lot of understeer too.
    Hunt is over

1st Audi - 2001 Ming Blue 8L S3 210
    2nd Audi - 2008 Black 8P2 S3 3dr
    and now - 2007 Daytona Grey B7 RS4 saloon