How to flush the coolant (55 Reg Audi A3, 2.0tdi)

audio

Reaction score
Hi all,

How can I flush the coolant (almost water) from my audi? the level drops every week, the car had a major service from audi but nothing wrong and was advised to replace the coolant since it was too weak.

cheers

never heard of that before mate, from what I understand the coolant is closed and works under pressure. Should only notice a drop in level if there is too much in and the system has overflowed as a result.

I found that I had a coolant leak not long ago, was only losing a small amount, but enough for the warning light to eventually come on.

After some research found that a common result the failure of a seal and an O ring in the Y connector (not to sure where this is) Instead I ended up using K seal, which fixed the problem as the leak was only small and is alright to stay in your coolant system.

With all respect, if its dropping weekly, then either you have a leak on piping, rad, egr cooler or the infamous porous head, the viscosity shouldnt matter as its a sealed system as such, so I would do some more research/testing with an independent with the tools to find out whats going on, if audi are telling you otherwise.