W*****s Keyed my car... Paint Code?

Dec

Reaction score
Hey all,

Been a long time since I've been on here properly, love trouble free motoring but also not had time/money to do anything to the car lately.

Anyway, Yesterday I found this:

6477364089_820d90834d_z.jpg

I still feel sick to be honest! But hey life goes on. As far as I know it was just a random little sh*t walking past my GF's parents house as we were round there. I've parked outside theirs loads of times but obviously some jealous little ***** walked past this time and put a nice deep key mark down the rear quarter.

The little bit that can be seen on the door is all that is there, and the quarter panel one goes all the way to the rear light, and its really f*cking deep!!!

Now my plans for this are to use a touch up pen on it to get me through the winter, then I will probably (If its worth it on an 04 plate with 130k miles :sadlike:) get both sides sprayed along with the front end and rear bumper (front and rear are going to be done regardless). So pretty much full spray other than the roof.

So, any idea where I could find the paint code, and advice where to get a decentish touch up pen from? My mate is pretty good with these things and can near on hide it with a light mop afterwards, so its looking quite promising, I just don't fancy the weather over the next couple of months to make it worse or anything. :crying:

you will find your paint code on a sticker in the spare wheel well, that same sticker is sometimes stuck in the front of the service book

Audi do a good touch up kit which i have used to good effect, they are about £8

Sorry about your car bud, the people who do these type of things really are sub-human scum.

You can find the paintcode either; on the sticker in the spare wheel well or on the inside page of your service book.

Thanks guys! Same as other VAG cars really, im avoiding going out to the car if im honest, still feeling sick about it. I know its not a brand new one or v expensive car anymore but I've had it 2 years with no problems and its really annoying!

£8 from Audi sounds like a bargain! I expected to pay double that so will pop down there today :)

Ouch!

Someone did the same to my misses car a few weeks ago, luckly I park mine in the garage.

Let us know how you get on with the touch up pen, pics would be good.
I have a couple of scratches on my door and was thinking of touching it up before I can afford to get it resprayed.

also, i would buy a cheap artists brush as the one in the touch up kit it a bit large for intricate touch up's

Ouch!

Someone did the same to my misses car a few weeks ago, luckly I park mine in the garage.

Let us know how you get on with the touch up pen, pics would be good.
I have a couple of scratches on my door and was thinking of touching it up before I can afford to get it resprayed.

Ah wish I had the luxury of a garage! :) This wasn't at home as far as I know, so will just have to be more careful where I leave my car, its not even a know dodgy area really :(

I'll deffo get some pics though, will be doing it Tuesday/Wednesday next week I think, I work funny shift patterns so in over the weekend then off again.

Ah thanks dude will pick one up too :), the size of this thing I could probably use a roller though!!

****** toe rags! had that done on my golf a couple of years back, in the end claimed on my insurance for full side respray, pushed up my premium too and will do for the next 3 years!

****** toe rags! had that done on my golf a couple of years back, in the end claimed on my insurance for full side respray, pushed up my premium too and will do for the next 3 years!

Ah not good :( Im trying to avoid going through the insurance, the front and rear ends need doing too, and generally the paint isn't too good all over, so may just fork out for a full respray, but I keep questioning if its actually worth it as this has 130k miles on the clock now so getting on a bit! Want it to last another couple of years (done 60k since I brought it 2 years ago) as its just cheap motoring for now!

Im only 21 so insurance stings me at the mo :( and can't really have a claim on it if i can help it!

There's a guy on the 8L side who used a sharpie! From the pics it's not even visible anymore.

****** b@s***ds! Sorry to see that mate and i hope it is restored to full original condition soon. I hate jealous gits like that,really do makes me angry. if only you had caught them, you could have marked them permanently too! lol

man i hate when people do that , someone decided while i was parked in the centre of town to key my boot lid and put a traffic cone on my roof also scratching the hell out of it was fuming man , hope the touch up hides it a bit nothing worse than a scratch like that fella makes my blood boil grrrrrr

oh dude this sucks, people like this make me sick would love to catch one of them, hope you get it sorted mate without been too out of pocket

Give a smart repair local a shout, they can work wonders & as your paint is dark, you may get something sorted for allot cheaper than full spray.

even if you take it to a pro detailer we can certainly have a dam good go at getting it down a bit , just look for one on your area will be cheaper than the panel to be resprayed i would have thought painting a car isn't cheap at all lol

I can't believe that this happens to so many people :( Gutting really! Just shows that you can't have anything anymore without someone ruining it! I saw a chavvy looking teenager spit on an R8 in the local Tesco carpark before, I just don't understand whats going through these people's heads! Surely it would be better to admire stuff than ruin it just because they can't have it? My car isn't even worth much these days, but still got that horrible feeling in my gut since I saw it :(

I went to Audi yesterday and got the touch up kit, and also got the number of a guy who does small repairs such as this, apparently he's good and does it for £30 a pannel which is a steal! Worth a try, even if it doesn't come out perfect, its not a huge amount of money! And quids in if it comes out well!

Feeling a bit more promising now, but still an annoyance.

I can't believe that this happens to so many people :( Gutting really! Just shows that you can't have anything anymore without someone ruining it! I saw a chavvy looking teenager spit on an R8 in the local Tesco carpark before, I just don't understand whats going through these people's heads! Surely it would be better to admire stuff than ruin it just because they can't have it? My car isn't even worth much these days, but still got that horrible feeling in my gut since I saw it :(

I went to Audi yesterday and got the touch up kit, and also got the number of a guy who does small repairs such as this, apparently he's good and does it for £30 a pannel which is a steal! Worth a try, even if it doesn't come out perfect, its not a huge amount of money! And quids in if it comes out well!

Feeling a bit more promising now, but still an annoyance.

Glad to see you have a couple of options, sorry to see the damage to your car your right no one can have anything these days without there being someone willing to deface it.
Hope it works out okay the repair work. Get few pics when sorted others would no doubt be looking into it if it happens to anyone else touch wood it doesnt.